"Olde Cape Cod" North Truro by peach93

North Truro Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 31 photos

Where?

This is what people ask when we say that we are heading to N. Truro for the week, and that's just fine with us. North Truro is a tiny town near the tip of Cape Cod. Located next to more famous and glamourous Provincetown, North Truro gets little notice by most tourists, but it is in fact one of the nicest and most unspoiled locations on the Cape.

We have been lucky enough to have close friends who rent a house in North Truro, right on Cape Cod Bay, for a a week every June. They are always nice enough to invite us to stay, and over the years we have had a total blast in little cabin # 8 by the sea.

The ocean views and wildlife in North Truro can be breathtaking, as are the sunsets. These make it worth the 3 hour drive from Boston even if the water is too cold to swim in!

Besides being beautiful, North Truro is quiet, free from the hoardes of tourists that overwhelm the Cape each summer. It is the perfect place to relax and read a pile of books, totally undisturbed. I love it there.

• Pros:Quiet and Peaceful; Few Tourists
  • Cons:A Long, Long Drive in Weekend Traffic
  • Last visit to North Truro: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 19, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I've often contemplated the curvature of the earth looking out over the ocean. So relaxing. Hope your birthday is fun and full of laughter.

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Are you watching the Pats game?! I'm so happy!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2006 at 5:06 AM

wonderfully atmospheric. a nice page

• Barbie2138's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Awww pickles Em...now I'm longing for the beach! How are you?

• Minstrelette's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2005 at 6:05 PM

Sounds like a nice place- thanks for sharing. I tried to go to Provincetown once- way too touristy for me.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 6:12 AM

I can see why you are so fond of this page, a great place and wonderful memories, thank you for letting me share them

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Yes, it's a very nice page, I like it too !

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 9:45 AM

I can see why you like this page! I agree.

• Sep 15, 2005 at 5:12 AM

Bubble blowing, bucket banging, AND global positioning thingies??? Ethan would LOVe it here!!!!! Very entertaining page...can you burn the sea music for me??

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Ok, that's it! Harlequin romances, Sambucca shots, bubbles galore? Well! I never...never had so much fun exclaiming, "Yes, Yes, Yes " about your tips. Miss E you write so well, I enjoyed reading about North Truro. Sambucca with coffee beans? Miss K

Badges & Stats in North Truro

Have you been to North Truro?