"Boston, You're my Home" Boston by peach93

Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos

I grew up in Boston, and for the most part I've never actually lived more than 150 miles away from the city, at least not since I was a very small child. Most of the time I don't think about Boston. It's just the place I'm from. But sometimes I can get opinionated, even emotional about the city, like when someone brings up the fact that it's not the same place that it used to be. And it's not. It doesn't have the same character it once did. Kenmore Square looks like a mall and our department stores are all gone. I read somewhere that the Ritz Carlton got bought out by some guy in India who wants to make it into some kind of Taj Mahalesque nightmare and there are people roaming the streets wearing NY Yankees hats. Still, I love it like no other place. Boston is my mother; it's made me the person I am.

So considering all of this, you may find it odd that up until a few days ago I never even had one picture, not even one, of anything in the city. I just never felt the need to take any. Doing so kind of felt like taking pictures of my living room or something. I see it every day, so why take a picture. A few days ago I also spent my very first night in a Boston hotel. I saw the city the way tourists do, and it was weird, even though I had a good time.

Anyway, even though there isn't really much on this page, I can still give anyone directions from Fenway to Southie with my eyes closed and tell you where the best bars in the city are and where you should really park, etc. So if you want to know something, just ask! I'd be happy to help.

• Intro Updated Dec 5, 2006

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Hi Emillienoille, I enjoyed your Boston page, I must say that I so enjoyed visiting in spring, took in Concord as I was there, my first time in USA and I was very impressed! Greetings from West Cork.

• shohman's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2008 at 5:58 AM

I think I'm going to Head of The Charles in October :D

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 5:37 AM

Go Rrrrrrrrrrrroooock...Rrrrrrrrred sox!

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 5:47 PM

Hope I will have enough time to look around Boston ,seems an interesting city..

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Hiiii! Nice start here to your Boston pages... looking forward to more :-) Also really enjoyed the updates on your homepage! Have a fab day / Jess

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2006 at 5:05 AM

interesting start. i live in the 'original' boston, UK by-the-way

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 3:41 PM

OH YEAH, I am going to meet up with Miss Em when I am in Boston!!! Hugs, da Beee

peach93 Used To Live Here!

Badges & Stats in Boston