"Boston, You're my Home" Boston by peach93
Boston Travel Guide: 3,994 reviews and 8,925 photos
I grew up in Boston, and for the most part I've never actually lived more than 150 miles away from the city, at least not since I was a very small child. Most of the time I don't think about Boston. It's just the place I'm from. But sometimes I can get opinionated, even emotional about the city, like when someone brings up the fact that it's not the same place that it used to be. And it's not. It doesn't have the same character it once did. Kenmore Square looks like a mall and our department stores are all gone. I read somewhere that the Ritz Carlton got bought out by some guy in India who wants to make it into some kind of Taj Mahalesque nightmare and there are people roaming the streets wearing NY Yankees hats. Still, I love it like no other place. Boston is my mother; it's made me the person I am.
So considering all of this, you may find it odd that up until a few days ago I never even had one picture, not even one, of anything in the city. I just never felt the need to take any. Doing so kind of felt like taking pictures of my living room or something. I see it every day, so why take a picture. A few days ago I also spent my very first night in a Boston hotel. I saw the city the way tourists do, and it was weird, even though I had a good time.
Anyway, even though there isn't really much on this page, I can still give anyone directions from Fenway to Southie with my eyes closed and tell you where the best bars in the city are and where you should really park, etc. So if you want to know something, just ask! I'd be happy to help.
The Prudential Center Mall and Copley Place are located in Copley Square. They are attached by a sky bridge that passes... more travel advice
peach93's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS?"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Website for hotel rack rates?"
- Commented on one of MikeySoft's Boston travel pages
- created a Boston Travelogue "101 Ways You Know You're a Bostonian"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Upscale Indoor Shopping"
- Wrote a Review Upscale Indoor Shopping about Copley Place & Prudential Center in Boston Shopping
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowell Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue