"The Oldest City in America" Saint Augustine by peach93
Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 725 reviews and 1,975 photos
When I was in college a good friend of mine went on an East Coast tour with his band. One of the stops they made was in St. Augustine. When he came back to school he told me that I had to go there because I would love it. It reminded him of me, he said. Of course I never got around to going. I just never had a reason to. That is until VT member Katmosphere decided to have a meeting there.
I'm so glad that I went! The city is truly beautiful. I love all of the Spanish architecture and its location on the ocean. I'd love to go back again someday when I have more time. I found that there were many more things to do there than I had time for in two and a half days. The beach alone could hold my attention for nearly a week.
- Pros:Beautiful, affordable, good weather
- Cons:Not very close to a major airport
Scarlett O'Hara's is located in a nice old house, giving it a quaint and cozy atmosphere. It has three bars: one... more travel advice
O.C. Whites has a good variety of fresh seafood--and non-seafood for those who don't eat it--in an elegant, yet... more travel advice
peach93's Related Pages
Saint Augustine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Augustine"
- "St Augustine"
- "Oldest US City"
- "saint augustine"
- "My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
- "St. Augustine - The First Coast"
- "History Far Back in Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Augustine
- Hotels in Saint Augustine
- Transportation in Saint Augustine
- Nightlife in Saint Augustine
- Restaurants in Saint Augustine
- Shopping in Saint Augustine
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Augustine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine
- 11 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Saint Augustine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Augustine
- updated a Saint Augustine Travel Page "The Oldest City in America"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Website for hotel rack rates?"
- Commented on one of Kaspian's Saint Augustine travel pages
- Wrote a Review Cozy Bar and Pub about Scarlett Ohara's in Saint Augustine Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cozy Bar and Pub"
Photos in Saint AugustineSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowell Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue