"The Oldest City in America" Saint Augustine by peach93

Saint Augustine Travel Guide: 715 reviews and 1,953 photos

When I was in college a good friend of mine went on an East Coast tour with his band. One of the stops they made was in St. Augustine. When he came back to school he told me that I had to go there because I would love it. It reminded him of me, he said. Of course I never got around to going. I just never had a reason to. That is until VT member Katmosphere decided to have a meeting there.

I'm so glad that I went! The city is truly beautiful. I love all of the Spanish architecture and its location on the ocean. I'd love to go back again someday when I have more time. I found that there were many more things to do there than I had time for in two and a half days. The beach alone could hold my attention for nearly a week.

• Pros:Beautiful, affordable, good weather
  • Cons:Not very close to a major airport
  • Last visit to Saint Augustine: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2007

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2008 at 12:50 PM

St. Augustine is like an oasis. I've always enjoyed it. Must be good vibrations there. Scarlet O'Hara's sounds good til they start the karaoke...Ugh!! :-) Hope you're having a good weekend.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2008 at 1:39 PM

[*Sigh!!*] St. Augustine was a lot of fun, wasn't it?

• Aug 11, 2008 at 5:41 AM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and Suites for one night recently and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is beautiful but more important the staff are the friendliest we have ever met.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 4:35 AM

Great fun re-visiting our Fest through your eyes!

• Mehmet1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Emilie i am glad u came to St.Augustine. Great job on your st augustine page u made St.Augustine area rock !!!

Badges & Stats in Saint Augustine

Have you been to Saint Augustine?

Latest Activity in Saint Augustine