"Of America and the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic Seaport by peach93
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 184 photos
Located about 10 miles east of New London on the Connecticut coastline, Mystic Seaport is the oldest maratime museum in the United States. It features a recreated 19th Century seaside village, much in the style of Colonial Williamsburg and Plimouth Plantation. Mystic is also the home to several tall ships, including 4 which are US National Landmarks. There are museum-style exhibits here as well which change periodically, but all tell stories of the history of America and the sea. The Seaport also serves as a research center for American maratime historians who can utilize its archives of ships' logs and other resources. It is a popular destination for families and school outings, as there are so many fun and educational things to do and check out here.
Look out, I'm at the helm!
My friend, Ron, tests out the ship's bunks.
The Maratime Gallery at Mystic Seaport features the work of several local artists. The mediums range from classic oil... more travel advice
Seamen's Inne is an elegant seafood restaurant with beautiful views of the Mystic River from it's main dining room. It... more travel advice
peach93's Related Pages
Mystic Seaport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT.... A MUSEUM VILLAGE"
- "Revisit in the Summer"
- "Seaport or Aquarium"
- "Of America and the Sea"
- "Our visits to Mystic Seaport"
- "Mystic Seaport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic Seaport
- Hotels in Mystic Seaport
- Transportation in Mystic Seaport
- Restaurants in Mystic Seaport
- Shopping in Mystic Seaport
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic Seaport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic Seaport
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mystic Seaport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic Seaport
Photos in Mystic SeaportSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowell Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue