"San Francisco Days" San Francisco by peach93

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,421 photos

It was a long time ago now that I went to San Franciso, but many events during that trip seem like they could have happened only yesterday. One of the most memorable things about my visit, and the most exciting at the time, was that it was the first time I had ever set eyes on the Pacific Ocean. I will never forget climbing over the piles of rocks to get to the water just in front of the Fisherman's Wharf, causing a minor scene among locals and tourists alike. I just had to TOUCH the Bay.

I thought it was great that these actually had Rice a Roni ads on the backs of them.

There were many Asian people on the shores of the Bay building these stone towers. I am not sure what they are, but have seen simliar ones on the grounds of Buddist temples. If anyone knows what they are called drop me a mail.

• Last visit to San Francisco: Aug 1995
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2004

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2010 at 5:03 AM

oh I loved this city although Garcia's district made me sad a bit without them, so commercial in our days, no real spirit...

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 6:02 AM

Thanks for the refresher on San Fran. We took the kids yrs. ago and really enjoyed the city...park, hills, bridge, Japanese tea garden and Ghiardelli Square. Lots more to see...maybe someday.

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Nice tip on the Haight

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 1:14 PM

Its been a while since I was in SF...but nice reminder! Blu

• joncampbell's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 4:14 PM

Great pages. Certainly unique in style! Cheers, Jon PS Please try and fix it so I win the hot man thing at least twice this year!

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 5:42 AM

Lovely page of San Francisco, and thank you for sharing. Regards.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2005 at 8:08 AM

Nice peek at one of my very favorite cities. I've left my heart in San Francisco, too. : ) Greetings from Florida.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2004 at 5:20 AM

No Alcatraz??? I've always wanted to get there :-). Cheers!

• Oct 27, 2004 at 5:10 AM

WoW very nice pictures!

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 4:55 AM

Through the hair you can see its you!!

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Photos in San Francisco