"Scadbury Park Local Natural Reserve" Chislehurst by Claudilla
Chislehurst Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 19 photos
This beautiful park extends for more than 125 acres, and it's more than a park but a natural reserve host to a wide part of the local wildlife.
Situated on the way to Chislehurst, it's still in the London Borough of Bromley, therefore not far from London, and worth a daytrip. The site has archaeological significance due to a manor house and built in 1314 by John de Scathbury.
Scadbury Park is served by buses on routes 160 and 269. Route 160 (Eltham-New Eltham-Chislehurst- Sidcup) runs about every 15 minutes and 269 (Bromley North-Bickley-Chislehurst-Sidcup-Bexley-Bexleyheath) about 10-12 minutes. There is a bus stop in Perry Street, close to one of the Park entrances. More information on public transport is available on the Transport for London website. A car park is available from Old Perry Street, but it is very crowded on Sundays, therefore it is advisable to park off the main Street or nearby.. and start your walk there, sumptuos villas can be spotted !
Dogs are welcome and they will enjoy the walk very much, it is recommended they should be on a lead at all times in order to avoid disappointing accidents with the wildlife or the grazing horses. Most of the dogs I encountered were trotting off the lead, and they seemed under control at all times.
Worth mentioning that once your finished your 3 miles walk, or perhaps a shorter one, you and your four legged friend can rest at the dog friendly pub Sydney Arms (Old Perry Street).
A parokeet is not such an unususal finding ineven in a few parks in central London.. adding an exotic touch to your walk.
- Pros:Beautiful walk on sunny days
- Cons:Muddy in wintertime
Claudilla's Related Pages
Chislehurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The green of Chislehurst..."
- "almost a little village between Sidcup and Bromley"
- "Scadbury Park Local Natural Reserve"
- "Pretty town with Napoleonic connections"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chislehurst
- Nightlife in Chislehurst
- Restaurants in Chislehurst
- Shopping in Chislehurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chislehurst
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Chislehurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chislehurst
Photos in ChislehurstSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Verona Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chapada Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bressanone 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morro Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Malcesine 1 review, 5 photos
- New York City 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lago di Garda 1 review, 4 photos
- Chislehurst Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Bexley 1 review, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 1 review, 3 photos