"Kent Ridge Park" Kent Ridge Park by kelnsha
Kent Ridge Park Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 151 photos
This park has been adopted by the Army as The Army Green Park. The design of the park takes full advantage of the natural vegetation and topography of the site. Various look-out points offer visitors magnificent views of the off-shore islands like Pulau Duran Darat.
The natural vegetation is the secondary forest with groves of Tembusu, Acacias and Dillenias. You can hear the sounds of birds and insects breaking the silence and serenity of the park, while you stroll through the meandering path towards the two ponds at the foot of the ridge and enjoying the serene ambience away from the hustle and bustle of city living.
The National Parks Board is embarking on a reforestation project in Kent Ridge Park. As part of their project, they will be removing invasive and exotic tree and plant species as they can alter the ecosystem and cause the extinction of native flora species. Some of these invasive species are; Australian Wattle (Acacia auriculiformis), Bearded Smilax (Smilax bractecta), Batai/Albizia (Parasientus falcataric) and Koster's curse (Clidemia hirta).
If you are a fitness enthusiast, Kent Ridge Park is the place to be. The most number of fitness stations - 20 to be exact. Nature groups will enjoy the nature trail located near Carpark A. Pitcher plants and wild orchids are found along this trail. On the eastern side of the park, towards the valley, is a natural pond teeming with turtles and fish such as the Japanese koi.
One of the last battles for Singapore was fought on this hill which dominated the harbour and the British military depots in the Ayer Rajah area. A plaque was installed at Carpark B in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the end of World War II.
- Pros:A nice and quiet park to relax if there is no event held here
- Cons:Quite out of place
- In a nutshell:A place to see the southwestern coast of Singapore!
Various look-out points offer visitors magnificent views of the off-shore islands like Pulau Duran Darat. more travel advice
As part of the Army's adoption of the park as The Army Green Park, two decommissioned M114 Artillery Guns and an AMX-13... more travel advice
kelnsha's Related Pages
Kent Ridge Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kent Ridge Park & Labrador Park"
- "Kent Ridge Park"
- "(A) Kent Ridge Park AND (B) Labrador Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kent Ridge Park
- Transportation in Kent Ridge Park
- Nightlife in Kent Ridge Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- The California Sea Otter State Game Refuge Hotels
- Middle Bass Island Hotels
- Pointe-Calumet Hotels
- Male Island Hotels
- Ayia Napa
- Bromptonville Hotels
- Province of Abra Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kent Ridge Park
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kent Ridge Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kent Ridge Park
Photos in Kent Ridge ParkSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos