"The Similan Islands National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan by kelnsha
Ko Similan Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 418 photos
The Similan Islands are a group of nine islands running from north to south about 100 km north-west of Phuket. They have white sandy beaches and tropical forests.
Some of the most spectacular diving in the world. There is an amazing variety of marine life including reef sharks, manta rays and huge schools of tropical fish.
You can encounter coral gardens, swim throughs, caverns, walls and underwater canyons while diving in the crystal clear waters of the many dive sites in the Similans which suit all levels of diver.
Some of the dive sites are Beacon Beach, Fantasy Reef, Elephant Head, Christmas Point, Snapper Alley, Grandmother Rock, Boulder City, Deep Six, Anitas Reef, East of Eden Shark Fin Reef and Chinese Wall. Visibility is usually around 20 - 30 meters and currents are often negligible.
Do check out my Things to do Tips. Cheers!
- Pros:Great diving with white sandy beach and crystal clear water!
- Cons:Quite far away from mainland Thailand
- In a nutshell:A trip you will never forget!
I saw Reef octopus, Masked porcupinefish and Bearded scorpionfish. Pictures speak a thousand words. Check out my... more travel advice
Koh Bon is located 20 km north of the Similan Islands. It has wall dives on its southwest corner and stepped ridges with... more travel advice
kelnsha's Related Pages
Ko Similan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Similan Islands National Park"
- "Koh Similan.. Jewels of the Andaman Sea"
- "Similans: Some of the Best Diving in the World!"
- "Similan - did I tell You that I love You?"
- "Similan Island Paradise of the Travellers"
- "Similian Islands"
- "Similan Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Similan
- Hotels in Ko Similan
- Transportation in Ko Similan
- Nightlife in Ko Similan
- Restaurants in Ko Similan
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Similan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Similan
- 21 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Ko Similan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Similan
- updated a Ko Similan Travel Page "The Similan Islands National Park"
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Spnding Money-ATM machines..."
- Commented on one of Yezber's Ko Similan travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Similan Islands Underwater World"
- Wrote a Review Sunset dive at Koh Bon in Ko Similan Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Ko SimilanSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos