Pulau Perhentian Besar Hotel Tips by kelnsha
Pulau Perhentian Besar Hotels: 1,231 reviews and 78 photos
Awana Perhentian Eco Resort taken from speedboat
It was a last minute trip and I had two days to prepare before the actual day. To my surprise, there were rooms and even deluxe seaview rooms that we wanted.
After driving overnight for nine hours from Singapore and half an hour speedboat ride from Kuala Besut, we finally arrived in Awana Perhentian Resort. It was love at first sight. I wanted to stay for four nights but my wife and friends wanted to do shopping in Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, we only stay for two nights.
I will give the resort a three and a half stars rating instead of four even though they have a spa with sauna and massage rooms, 1 swimming pool, 1 wading pool, 1 dive centre, 3 karaoke rooms, billiard / snooker room with 4 pool tables, 1 restaurant, 1 conference room and 1 meeting room. Most of their facilities are not well maintained. You can see algae and insects in the swimming pools. I did not see anyone using the spa, karaoke and billiard / snooker rooms. The restaurant were almost packed every day partly because of the size and the guests might have booked a fullboard trip. We do not find the food nice at all. They were salty and not delicious at all.
I will not really recommend this resort unless you must have a swimming pool. I will only recommend to divers if you do not wish to carry your own tanks. The aluminum dive boat is one of its kind that do not require you to do a back flip entry. There is a bow ramp that can be opened mechanically and you can make your dive entry/exit from the edge of the ramp. The boat can even beach right in front of the dive centre during high tide.
Unique Qualities: The first impression was good. Reasonably nice beach. The welcome drink was refreshing. The staffs are courteous and helpful but the souvenir shop's staff was not there during their declared opening hours.
The deluxe seaview rooms are great but please ask if it is on the ground floor or second floor. Fortunately we requested to view the room before confirming. The seaview is blocked by the tree leaves and branches. No point paying for more if you cannot see the seaview. A deluxe seaview room costs RM240++ for two persons and a family pool view room costs only RM220++ for four persons.
Address: Lot 181, Telok Dalam, Pulau Perhentian Besar, 22300, Kuala Besut, Terengganu, Malaysia.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Eastern end of Telok Dalam Beach at south of Perhentian Besar Island.
Other Contact: +(609) 7780888 or +(609) 778188
Phone: +(609) 7521741 (Island)
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (16)
- See All Slow boats to Perhentian islands from...
- See All Scuba Diving @ Tokong Laut-Perhentian...
- Long way to Perhentian island unless you...
kelnsha's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's HEAVEN!"
- "PULAU PERHENTIAN BESAR - EAST COAST OF MALAYSIA"
- "Béseme en Besar"
- "Jennifer's search for Solitude"
- "Tropical Paradise discovered"
- "A Place to Get Away"
- "Pulau Perhentian Besar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Comfort Suites Turks & Caicos Island
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Toronto Plaza Airport Hotel
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
- Grand Sierra Lodge Mammoth Resort
- GR Solaris Cancun
- Mayan Palace Riviera Maya
- The County Hotel
- The Fountains
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (68 Harbour Street Sydney Nsw 2000)
- Carriage Hotel
- Ramada Inn Downtown Seattle
- Atlantis The Palm
- SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- 17 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Besar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Spnding Money-ATM machines..."
- Wrote a Review Slow boats to Perhentian islands from Kuala Besut in Pulau Perhentian Besar Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Swim at the resort pool"
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Page "An island to relax for at least 3 nights"
- Commented on one of juliewong's Pulau Perhentian Besar travel pages
Photos in Pulau Perhentian BesarSee All Photos (85)
Read real reviews about Pulau Perhentian Besar Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos
Latest Pulau Perhentian Besar hotel reviews
- Coral View Island Resort
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Flora Bay Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Perhentian Paradise Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Panorama Chalet Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Abdul Chalet
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013