"An island that I will call paradise - Redang!" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang by kelnsha
Pulau Redang Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 861 photos
One of the largest and most beautiful of the east coast islands, Redang has, inevitably, been targeted by big developers and there are few options for the independent travellers; nearly all visitors come on all-inclusive package deals except me. I usually book the resort of my choice through email or internet and drive to Merang jetty near Terengganu, follow by the resort speed boat to Redang island.
Redang is one of the nine islands that form a protected marine park and it offers excellent diving and snorkeling. Silt and rubble from resort construction is said to have caused some coral damage and there are ongoing problems with building waste, carelessly dumped on the beach. However, concerted efforts are being made to prevent further damage - even snorkeling is restricted to certain areas.
Of the most interest to travellers are the beautiful bays on the eastern side of the island, including Teluk Dalam, Teluk Kalong and Pasir Panjang. The huge Berjaya Beach Resort and the airport are on the north shore and the island's main village is in the interior. There is also a small camp site near the park headquarters on nearby Pulau Pinang.
Note that Redang island basically shuts down from 1 November to 1 March; the best time to visit is from mid March to late September.
- Cons:Too far from Singapore
- In a nutshell:The sand, the sun and the sea!
The sand there is very fine and it's a good place for building sand castles with your kids - good family bonding time more travel advice
It is a brand of plastic concave disk, used for various catching games by sailing it between two or more players and... more travel advice
- See All Taxi from Kuala Terengganu airport to KT...
- See All Scuba Diving at Pulau Kerengga Besar
- See All 1 of the 2 gift shops in Redang Pelangi...
- See All Redang Most Private - Berjaya Beach...
kelnsha's Related Pages
Pulau Redang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pulau Redang"
- "~~~~PULAU REDANG~~~"
- "An island that I will call paradise - Redang!"
- "IMPREXXION: PULAU REDANG"
- "Pulau Redang"
- "Pulau Redang - A Day Trip to a Beautiful Island"
- "Beautiful Beaches n White Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Redang
- Hotels in Pulau Redang
- Transportation in Pulau Redang
- Nightlife in Pulau Redang
- Restaurants in Pulau Redang
- Shopping in Pulau Redang
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Redang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Redang
- 40 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pulau Redang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Redang
- updated a Pulau Redang Travel Page "An island that I will call paradise - Redang!"
- Wrote a Review Building Sand Castles in Pulau Redang Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Building Sand Castles"
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Spnding Money-ATM machines..."
- Commented on one of dimanche's Pulau Redang travel pages
Photos in Pulau RedangSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos