"Tropical Island of Pulau Pemanggil" Pulau Pemanggil by kelnsha
Pulau Pemanggil Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
This tropical island captures the imagination of those who love the sea and its tranquility.
The island is about 45km east of Mersing and around 3 hours by boat. Capped by the distinctive peak of Batu Buau, beautiful Pulau Pemanggil supports a sparse population divided between three small villages: Kampung Buau, Kampung Pak Kelah and Kampung Pontianak (the last named after a female vampire who feasts on the blood of newborn children).
Those looking for a quiet holiday or seeking for sea adventure will love Pulau Pemanggil.
It is popular for its garden of corals.
The water is beautiful, enticing snorkellers and sightseers alike.
For those who like fishing, Pulau Pemanggil is known for its fishing.
Boats can be chartered for your fishing excitement between MYR450 and MYR650 per boat per day.
- Pros:Less touristic as compare to her neighbour, Pulau Tioman.
- Cons:Limited amenities and facilities.
- In a nutshell:Go there if you do not mind the sun, the sand and the sea!
This is an unique experience and you do not have to scuba dive in order to see shipwreck. On the eastern side of Pulau... more travel advice
kelnsha's Related Pages
Pulau Pemanggil Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pulau Pemanggil
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pulau Pemanggil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Pemanggil
Photos in Pulau PemanggilSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos