"Kuala Dungun offshore island - Tenggol Island" Kuala Dungun by kelnsha
Kuala Dungun Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 128 photos
Tenggol island has many soft corals, nudibranchs, sea dragons and reef fishes. Do check out my things to do tips and travelogues for more underwater photographs.
At Pulau Tenggol, divers and snorkellers alike can find pristine coral formations and a number of submerged rocks with excellent coral growths. Tenggol and its surrounding islands offer good visibility with teeming of marine life, including sharks, rays, nudibranch and a wide variety of hard and soft corals. Divers will discover that Tenggol offers great diving experiences, ranging from deep diving, drift diving and wreck dive for the advanced divers or experienced divers. The fantastic shallow dives are great for the least experienced divers or just for the experienced to off gas.
Tenggol island is one of the islands in the east coast of Malaysia, known for its pristine water warmed by the South China Sea. The island is accessible by boats from Kuala Dungun, Terengganu.
Kuala Dungun is about 70 km south of Kuala Terengganu. It is a sleepy town and gateway to Pulau Tenggol (17 km or 1 hour away by speedboat).
The Tenggol group of islands is the southernmost part of Terengganu's Marine Parks. It consists of Pulau Tenggol (Tenggol Island), Pulau Nyireh, Tokong Timur, Tokong Burung and Tokong Talang/Tokong Kemudi, Tokong Laut.
There are currently 3 resort operators at Pulau Tenggol, Tenggol Island resort, Tenggol Island Beach Resort and Tenggol Resort.
Pulau Tenggol is also known for its white sandy beach and clear blue water.
It lies 14 nautical miles off the coast of quiet fishing town of Kuala Dungun, Terengganu, Malaysia. This rocky island is about 50 hectares in size, spans less than 3 kilometres in length and 2 kilometres at its widest point, is one of the most beautiful and serene islands off Peninsular Malaysia's east coast, with spectacular rocky cliffs that offer many excellent dive sites. One of the island’s attractions is that it is close to its original state. A virgin island with its white sandy beaches backed by steeply forested cliffs is a pleasant retreat away from the city. Activities range from snorkelling, scuba diving, jungle trekking or just basking under the sun on the white sandy beach.
- Pros:Full of beautiful soft corals underwater
- Cons:Only three island resorts and not up to standard yet
- In a nutshell:Visit only if you are a scuba diver or if not a day trip will do...
Depending on the resort you choose and if you are lucky, you get to Tenggol island by speedboat from Kuala Dungun jetty... more travel advice
Our night dive sightings: this was the first time that I got to see a green turtle during night dive, sea cucumbers in... more travel advice
kelnsha's Related Pages
Kuala Dungun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Dungun offshore island - Tenggol Island"
- "Laze Back and Soak Up The Sun"
- "Gateway to Pulau Tenggol"
- "Tanjung Jara - Bok's Bike Tour 1998"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Dungun
- Hotels in Kuala Dungun
- Transportation in Kuala Dungun
- Restaurants in Kuala Dungun
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Dungun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Dungun
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kuala Dungun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Dungun
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Spnding Money-ATM machines..."
- updated a Kuala Dungun Travel Page "Kuala Dungun offshore island - Tenggol Island"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wooden bum boat to Tenggol Island"
- Wrote a Review Wooden bum boat to Tenggol Island in Kuala Dungun Transportation
- Commented on one of yinghaw's Kuala Dungun travel pages
Photos in Kuala DungunSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos