Kota Tinggi Things to Do Tips by kelnsha Top 5 Page for this destination
Kota Tinggi Things to Do: 38 reviews and 58 photos
There are more than 100 ostriches in the showfarm and their ages ranging from new-born to around 10 years old. Although ostrich may not be part of the extinct animal in the world, there is a lot of interesting facts about them that most people do not know.
In Ostrich Showfarm, you may get to see unusal sights LIVE! However luck plays a very important role, your timing must be right as all these sights cannot be arranged or controlled by man.
Open to the public daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Admission charges: RM8.00 per adult and RM4.00 per child.
Ostrich ride charges: RM 15.00 per adult and RM10.00 per child (include ride, certificate and an instant photograph). If you want to laminate the certificate, it will cost another addition RM 3.00
Ostrich Wonderland is also known as Ostrich Showfarm in Desaru where they rear more than 100 ostriches. The main aim of setting up this showfarm is to exhibit the ostriches to the public and allow them to know more about ostriches, their habits, mating seasons and etc. They also have a group of experienced personnels to guide you around the farm and educate both you and your family about these fascinating creatures.
They have farms in both Kuala Lumpur and Teluk Ramunia (Kota Tinggi, Johor). The Kuala Lumpur farm is more towards breeding of the ostriches and it has been around for more than 5 years while Teluk Ramunia farm just started in Mar 2001. This farm is more catered to the public and the main aim is to educate and create public awareness.
Address: EMR15, Teluk Ramunia, Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia
Directions: Situated near to Desaru (Malaysia). It only take less than an hour of adventurous ferry ride from Singapore (Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal) to reach the ShowFarm! About 5km away from Sungai Rengit.
Other Contact: 07-8263536 (residence)
Phone: 07-8265846 (Colin Teh or Joyce)
Desaru Fruit Farm fruits
At Desaru Fruit Farm, you will discover Malaysia's unbelievable variety of fruits. Occupying an area of 100 acres, 50 acres are planted with honey orange. On the remaining 50 acres are planted about 100 types of seasonal and non-seasonal tropical fruit trees.
Since it's establishment in 1994, the Farm has emerged as one of the largest agro-tourism farms in Malaysia and attracts more than 150,000 visitors a year all parts of the globe.
Visitors may choose from the different tour packages available ranging from farm tour, fruit buffet, agro educational tour, bullock-cart riding, agricultural gallery, vegetable plot, educational talk on bees and raw honey.
Address: Sungai Cemaran, Desaru, 81900 Kota Tinggi, Johor
Directions: Desaru Fruit Farm is located in the state of Johor, about 39 km from the town of Kota Tinggi.
Other Contact: 012-7070634/7327128 (Steve Er's
Phone: 607-8223886/2886 (DID)
kelnsha's Related Pages
Kota Tinggi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "JOHOR'S BEAUTIFUL EAST COAST - KOTA TINGGI"
- "Relax,Refresh and Rediscover"
- "Kota Tinggi"
- "Somewhere around Kota Tinggi"
- "Kota Tinggi & Desaru Beach"
- "Kota Tinggi"
- "Hidden treasures in the Kota Tinggi district"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Tinggi
- Hotels in Kota Tinggi
- Transportation in Kota Tinggi
- Restaurants in Kota Tinggi
- Shopping in Kota Tinggi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Tinggi
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Calafate
- Burano Hotels
- Ambu Island Hotels
- Silvassa Hotels
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Rochester Hotels
Badges & Stats in Kota Tinggi
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kota Tinggi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Tinggi
Photos in Kota TinggiSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos