"Not many people know this place - Manado" Top 5 Page for this destination Manado by kelnsha
Manado Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 492 photos
Many people asked thought that this is somewhere in Philippine but in actual fact it is in Indonesia, North Sulawesi. Mindano is the that has got people mixed up. I believe only those who had been there, like the scuba divers and snorkelers will know this place. Matter of fact, there are many interesting and beautiful places to visit in this part of the world. Check this out!
The provincial capital is situated in the bay of Manado. It is a tropical area with the average temperature of 25.7° C and humidity of 80%.
Manado is estimated to have been resided since the 16th century and was called "Wenang". Later in 1623, the name was changed to "Manado".
Influenced by the foreign occupation, the culture of the people has been a mixed one. Urbanization of people from Sangihe Talaud, Gorontalo, Bolaang Mongondow and Minahasa has resulted in mixed population and culture.
Manado at the present time covers an area of 157.58 ha or an average of 0.57% of the entire North Sulawesi. The total population is approximately 520,000 people.
Manado has been well-known because of the Bunaken Marine Reserve, where people come just to enjoy the beauty of the sea panorama.
In October 15, 1991, the Bunaken area was declared by decree of the Ministry of Forestry (SK/730/Kpts-II/91)as a National Park. This changed the status of the area surrounding the islands of Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Siladen and Nain, as well as marine areas of the Arakan Wawontulap, from a Strict Nature Preserve (since 1986) to a National Park.
Prior to this change in status, both the islands and the adjacent mainland areas were originally protected in the early 1980's by governor's decree.
- Pros:More than just a place for divers and snorkellers
- Cons:Travelling from place to place will take sometime
- In a nutshell:A place that I will like to go again! Do check-out my travelogues for more photos!
This is where to go for big fish but the current dictates that this site is not for the beginners and can only be dived... more travel advice
This is a good dive site for your check-out dive if you have not dive for quite some time. It has a sandy bottom and the... more travel advice
kelnsha's Related Pages
Manado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEXT EVENT: WOC - MAY 2009"
- "Not many people know this place - Manado"
- "torang samua basudara, jo!"
- "Manado, a city that's been kissed by God"
- "Manado, for always in my heart"
- "Magical Manado & Lembeh Lair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manado
- Hotels in Manado
- Transportation in Manado
- Nightlife in Manado
- Restaurants in Manado
- Warnings and Dangers in Manado
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manado
- 19 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Manado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manado
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Spnding Money-ATM machines..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Drift Diving @ Tanjung Kopi, Manado Tua!"
- Wrote a Review Drift Diving @ Tanjung Kopi, Manado Tua! in Manado Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Manado Travel Page "Not many people know this place - Manado"
- Commented on one of morninglory's Manado travel pages
Photos in ManadoSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 83 reviews, 254 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Similan Intro, 21 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Redang Intro, 40 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kowloon Intro, 26 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manado Intro, 19 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Tioman Intro, 26 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bitung Intro, 14 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 17 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 23 reviews, 69 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 17 reviews, 72 photos