"Kenya" Kenya by ChristaV

Kenya Travel Guide: 4,303 reviews and 11,695 photos

Land of plenty

I was fortunate to be sponsored to visit Kenya. My company had its annual sales conference at a resort just outside of Mombassa along the coast. It was a bit of a schlep for us flying from Cape Town to get to our end destination. First leg of the trip was a flight from CT to JHB where we stayed over for the evening and the following morning very early it was from JHB to Nairobi where we got our connecting flight to Mombassa and then with bus to our resort. Needless to say we were all quite exhausted by the time we got to our hotel.
Kenya lies on the eastern side of Africa and it is quite a few countries away from us. Being on the equador it is also quite humid and hot there. Kenya is a land of true wilderness areas and diverse eco-systems embracing snow-capped mountains, tropical rainforest, savannah, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, semi-desert and a lush coastline.

• Last visit to Kenya: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 21, 2007

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Thanks for the trip to Kenya Christa. I did not realize that it is a muslim country. That was a very good (but sad) picture of the folks walking in the flooded area.

• Siberianelm's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2008 at 7:29 AM

looks very good food

• visserm's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 12:14 PM

I do not think I would venture into Kenya. Maybe it is my age that is holding me back

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 3:45 AM

That street surely looks like a river ;-)

• Nov 8, 2007 at 8:56 PM

bring on that fish & crab mei-mei

• Nov 3, 2007 at 9:29 AM

can u let me kno where this restaurant is plz...

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2007 at 10:31 PM

nice viewjpoint snaps. thanks

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Interesting photos of your time in Mombasa, bringing back a lot of memories for me! It looks like a posh resort you stayed in but I liked the flooded street and the overcrowded ferry scenes the best!

ChristaV

“Its off to Netherlands and Belgium in June 2009”

Badges & Stats in Kenya