"Escaping to Balian" Tabanan by balisunshine
Tabanan Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 262 photos
Visiting different areas of Bali,
can be a refreshing reminder
of the enchanting places that
this island has to offer.
Up on the West Coast,
in the rice growing district of Tabanan
in Suraberata Village.
The Balian River flows down to
the black sand, the Soka Break,
on Balian Beach.
This location was first discovered
by the surfers that journeyed around Bali,
in chasing those perfect waves.
Quaint, and withdrawn,
this quite little town offers,
strolls on the beach,
hikes amongst the rice fields,
laid back reading,
tanning under the sun,
total relaxation below the coconut trees,
warm, colorful sunsets,
and twinkling, evening skies.
Currently, there is a very small selection of hotels.
But this may take change in few years,
since already the local ex-pats are
discovering this haven that this location offers.
surrounded by the rolling hills is
Gajah Mina Resort.
If you prefer a room with a view,
then visit Pondok Pisces Bali
located on the hill,
on the main road.
Pondok Pisces also offers,
new bungalows, bordering the river
called Balian Riverside Sanctuary.
There is a 2 roomed, 2 storey house,
with swimming pool and lounge,
that can be rented by the room only.
Then there are several Balinese, Guest House
that rent out rooms at a ‘Surfer’s Rate’.
For more details,
click on: Hotels
Bicycles are available for rent.
This is also,
a good location to use as a stepping stone,
when visiting other locations within this area.
- Pros:Totally relax and chill
- Cons:Strong Currents and maybe a litle bit too quiet for some
- In a nutshell:A Hidden Jewel
If you’re looking for a place to disconnect, unplug and escape from it all this may be a choice if this is your... more travel advice
Balian is good for surfers, people who like a quiet existence, and people who would enjoy an interaction that is more... more travel advice
balisunshine's Related Pages
Tabanan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escaping to Balian"
- "Famous Temples and Culture"
- "Tabanan Regency"
- "Tanah Lot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tabanan
- Hotels in Tabanan
- Transportation in Tabanan
- Restaurants in Tabanan
- Shopping in Tabanan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tabanan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tabanan
- 15 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tabanan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tabanan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 272 reviews, 416 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uluwatu Intro, 149 reviews, 392 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 190 reviews, 223 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 64 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lombok Intro, 35 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 48 reviews, 48 photos
- Miami Beach Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ubud Intro, 22 reviews, 44 photos
- Tabanan Intro, 15 reviews, 41 photos
- Karangasem Intro, 22 reviews, 33 photos