"Libya" Libya by travelthrough
Libya Travel Guide: 1,094 reviews and 4,147 photos
Libya is a very mysterious country, isolated from common tourist streams and traffic. The country has many interesting sights to offer. Libya is also Africa's wealthiest country due to petrol resources. It is highly modernized for African standards! Libyans are very kind and educated people. Many of them have been to Europe which is highly unusual for African people. Be aware that you need a guide to be able to visit sights such as the Roman ruins near Tripoli and to get into the country. Almost everybody speaks Arabic, there is only scant knowledge of English.
- Pros:friendly people, fairly safe, nice scenery
- Cons:highly bureaucratic and somehow still authoritarian
- In a nutshell:a nice place to visit but maybe lots of hassle
travelthrough's Related Pages
Libya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Libya revisited"
- ""Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya"- Libya"
- "Libya, the unknown country"
- "Sanddunes and more..........."
- "Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriyah"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Libya
- Hotels in Libya
- Transportation in Libya
- Nightlife in Libya
- Restaurants in Libya
- Shopping in Libya
- Warnings and Dangers in Libya
- See All...
Explore the World
- United States of America
- Okinawa Hotels
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Hotels
- Cleveland Park Hotels
- Kuala Lumpur
- Pismo Beach Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Medina Hotels
- Lloret de Mar
- Mamallapuram Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
Badges & Stats in Libya
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Libya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Libya
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue