"Wendat Indian Reserve" Loretteville by travelthrough
Loretteville Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
This Huron Reserve is interesting since tourists can make tours and visit: a longhouse, a tipi, a shaman's house, a sweat-lodge etc. and
eat traditional food at a restaurant (like bison and maple-syrup).
This site is something for everybody interested in the Huron-Wendat
and their life in this geographical region at the St. Lawrence River!
The Hurons belong to the First Nations of Canada and have settled
around the Great Lakes in a territory around the borders of USA and
Canada. The word "huron" originally comes from "hure" which the
French colonists gave the Wendat. "Hure" was a reference to their
hair style, which - wrongly - became known as the "Iroquese Style"
in the western world (the Iroquese, despite similarities in life style,
were enemies to the Hurons).
Such as the Mohicans, the Hurons were allies to the French in the
war against other nations and the British in the war of independence.
travelthrough's Related Pages
Loretteville Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Loretteville
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Loretteville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loretteville
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue