"Mystic spot Delphi" Delphi by travelthrough
Delphi Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 954 photos
This photo was taken only at the bottom of the slope of Delphi but rarely shown: It is the well where Pythia, the priestess, is said to have stood at the well and to have made her prophecies in trance. How many Greek heroes despaired at this spot before? - Even though the well is not visible anymore, the place can be seen high in the mountains of Delphi.
Sculpture in the Museum of Delphi.
- Pros:beautiful scenery, historic & mythical atmosphere
- Cons:too touristy
travelthrough's Related Pages
Delphi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delphi Ancient and Modern"
- "Journey in time..."
- "Delphi - where man was closest to the gods"
- "A Day Trip To Delphi"
- "The pythoness is extinct!"
- "The Navel of the Earth"
- "Delphi (Delfos) nest of Gods"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delphi
- Hotels in Delphi
- Transportation in Delphi
- Nightlife in Delphi
- Restaurants in Delphi
- Shopping in Delphi
- Warnings and Dangers in Delphi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delphi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Delphi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delphi
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue