"Chalkida and surroundings" Chalkis by travelthrough
Chalkis Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 81 photos
This part of Greece is mainly visited by Greek tourists, most of them making holiday from Athens. I was there for Easter and I was given the chance to visit the Epitaphos-ceremony on Good Friday (Megali Paraskevi).
Chalkida's position is spellbinding, since this town is surrounded by the sea, linked to the shores via bridges, and built on a channel where the direction of the flow changes every 6 hours throughout the year. The promenade is picturesque and full of stylish & trendy cafes, meeting points for the Greek youth every night.
travelthrough's Related Pages
Chalkis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Like a suburb of Athens..."
- "Long time ago...."
- "So close"
- "Chalkis - Prefecture of Evia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chalkis
- Hotels in Chalkis
- Transportation in Chalkis
- Restaurants in Chalkis
- Shopping in Chalkis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chalkis
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Chalkis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chalkis
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue