"Idyllic mountains" Gastein by travelthrough
Gastein Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 38 photos
Bad Gastein is surrounded by the most idyllic mountains. The town is unique for its imperial architecture: Here you can find villas and hotels rising from the rocks and the waterfall as a major attraction. In fact, Bad Gastein is one of the few towns where almost every promenade and street still have an Imperial name or are named after a sovereign in the time of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
- Pros:beautiful surroundings and nature
- Cons:buildings not renovated, uninteresting town center
- In a nutshell:definitely worth a short hiking visit
You can go up Stubnerkogel (approx. 1796 meters height) by using the modern Stubnerkogelbahn (Stubnerkogel Cablecars) to... more travel advice
The Gastein Springs Legend (Gasteiner Quellensage) is one of many legends which were orally translated from one... more travel advice
travelthrough's Related Pages
Gastein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gastein Valley"
- "Ski and Spa"
- "Idyllic mountains"
- "Bad Gastein and Surrounding"
- "Bad Gastein, Should be world famous..."
- "Gastein - Skiing"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gastein
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Gastein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gastein
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue