Madeira Island Things to Do Tips by travelthrough
Madeira Island Things to Do: 357 reviews and 654 photos
The old market of Funchal is a must-see because of the beautiful interiors and the tropical fruit and vegetables they sell. There is also a fish market at the rear end of the market, and a flower market at the entrance. This market is open every day except on Sundays.
Address: Old Market
Directions: Beginning of the old city center.
You can book a catamaran tour, lasting 3 hours, for 25 Euros. You will sit on a boat and be able to watch whales and dolphins in the Atlantic. I was so lucky to see two bridal whales. The crew will take you close to Cabo Girao, allegedly Europe's steepest cape (550 meters). The surroundings are unique and beautiful, especially on your way back, along the beautiful coastline passing Câmara de Lobos and Funchal´s outer western area.
Address: Funchal Marina
Directions: Ask at the Funchal Port tourist agencies, where you should book one day in advance.
More Reviews (1)
travelthrough's Related Pages
Madeira Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madeira Island - Sculpted by Gods"
- "Madeira - Small archipelago of volcanic orgin."
- "Madeira: spectacular island of tunnels"
- "ISLAND OF FLOWERS"
- "ilha da madeira"
- "An island of flowers and stunning scenery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madeira Island
- Hotels in Madeira Island
- Transportation in Madeira Island
- Nightlife in Madeira Island
- Restaurants in Madeira Island
- Shopping in Madeira Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Madeira Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madeira Island
- 3 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Madeira Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madeira Island
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue