"Bahla - Oasis of the Djinn" Bahla' by travelthrough
Bahla' Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Legend has it that the wall surrounding the palm groves of Bahla near the Jebel-al-Akhdar and Nizwa was built within one night by djinns (jinns/ ghosts). In the old center, which is full of empty and partly inhabited sand- stone houses, you can still see the many openings where the djinn are said to hide. The people in Bahla as the town itself apparently have a "magic air" and some Omanis are still scared of entering this place. Indeed, when I was there I could see no tourists, but only children and old people.
Just like many other places at the bottom of Jebel-al-Akhdar, such as Tanuf and Nizwa, Bahla is also an oasis.
- Pros:beautiful landscape and architecture, "magic in the air"
- Cons:small place, people do not speak English
- In a nutshell:a beautiful place which is full of energy
travelthrough's Related Pages
Bahla' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahla - The Pottery Town of Oman"
- "Bahla - Oasis of the Djinn"
- "Bahla Fort"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bahla'
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Bahla'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahla'
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Bad Ischl Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madeira Island Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kaunas Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gastein Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue