Arcachon Transportation Tips by bijo69 Top 5 Page for this destination
Arcachon Transportation: 7 reviews and 6 photos
Bordeaux train station
My journey to Arcachon started at Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport from where it took the Jetbus to the train station Bordeaux St. Jean. The bus leaves the airport every 45 minutes and the journey into town takes from 30-60 minutes depending on the traffic situation. The single trip costs 7 EUR.
At Bordeaux-St. Jean I jumped on one of the many trains to Arcachon. The journey takes about 50 minutes and a single trip is 9,60 EUR (11,60 EUR for the TGV). Buy your ticket and validate it before getting on the train, otherwise you'll pay an addional 10 EUR.
Ok, there's cheaper possibility than that I found out on my last visit:
Take bus No.49 to Mérignac (stop Lycées de Mérignac), change to bus No. 35, 35 express or 81 for Pessac train station (stop Pessac Centre). This trip will cost you 1,40 EUR. From Pessac take the train to Arcachon for 8,70 EUR. During weekdays this option will probably be shorter aswell, be careful on weekends though. On Saturdays buses between Mérignac and Pessac only go once per hour; on Sundays there's no bus at all!
Being a seaside town Arcachon certainly also offers a couple of boat connection across the bassin. Apart from different cruises with dinner and/or wine tasting there are regular ferry connections to Cap Ferret, Andernos and Le Canon. Most tours and ferries just operate during the summer months, other connections are less frequent in off-season.
Phone: 05 5772 2828
There's another network of 5 bus lines connecting Arcachon and its neighbouring communities named baia. It was installed the week I stayed there and I was lucky to enjoy this service for free (now a ride will cost you 1 EUR).
Three lines depart from Arcachon train station the most important one for tourists (No. 1) goes to the Dune du Pilat. During the month of July and August this service continues to Plage de la Salie (surf beach).
The buses run from about 6am to 8pm from Monday to Saturday.
Phone: 0810 20 17 14
A little FREE electric bus serves 3 routes in Arcachon. They all start and finish at the train station and run from Monday to Saturday from around 7.30 am to 6pm.
Route A goes to Moulleau, Route B to Abatilles and Route C to Aiguillon. The routes are marked by blue lines on the streets and you just flag the bus down from anywhere.
Phone: 05 57 52 98 98
More Reviews (11)
bijo69's Related Pages
Arcachon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "quiet and nice beach to enjoy swimming and diving"
- "Arcachon and the Dune de Pyla"
- "Moscow - Arcachon"
- "Arcachon and Dune de Pyla"
- "A WEEKEND IN ARCACHON"
- "Arcachon and the dune du Pila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arcachon
- Hotels in Arcachon
- Transportation in Arcachon
- Nightlife in Arcachon
- Restaurants in Arcachon
- Shopping in Arcachon
- Warnings and Dangers in Arcachon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Esholt Hotels
- Gauteng Hotels
- Weston-Super-Mare Hotels
- Laguna La Cocha Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arcachon
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Arcachon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arcachon
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 38 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 42 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos
- Spain Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Western Australia Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues