Curaçao Things to Do Tips by bijo69 Top 5 Page for this destination
Curaçao Things to Do: 161 reviews and 292 photos
This is the place to go if you want to go snorkelling/diving with dolphins, sea lions, turtles or even sharks. If you're not that brave you can watch them on shows...
There are also a couple of aquariums with tropical fish and a few flamingoes.
Opening times: 8.30am-5.30pm
Admission is 15 US$
Address: Bapor Kibra
Directions: about 15minutes drive East of Willemstad
Phone: +599 4616666
There's an Ostrich Farm on the island where they grow these big birds for meat production. You get a tour of the farm and you can feed them yourself. But be aware, these beasts are greedy!
The farm also has a restaurant where you can taste an ostrich steak and a souvenir shop.
The farm is open from 8am to 5pm.
Directions: Eastern part of the island
Phone: 747 2777
The Hato caves once were a coral reef, you still can see fossils of coral there. Today you have limestone droppings are forming stalagmites and stalactites and freshwater pools and waterfalls down there.
You can visit the caves with a guided tour. They start on the hour from 10am to 5pm except on Mondays.
Admission fee is 6,25 US$ for adults and 4,75 US$ for children under 13.
Directions: near the airport
Phone: 868 0379
Visit the wild North of the island where the sea has washed a couple of caves into the coast. There are a couple of hiking trails which you can follow. The park is open for public from 8.30am to 5pm each day.
Directions: North Coast of Curacao
Groot Knip is one of the nicest beaches on Curacao. It's a nice sandy stretch of sand, one of the few natural beaches on the island.
There are a few parasol there to give you shade and some food vendors so you won't have to starve. The place gets very busy during the weekend.
Directions: Southwestern part of the island
The pontoon bridge was built in 1888 and connects Punda and Otrobanda. It swings open to let ships pass the canal in and out of the harbour.
If the bridge is open, free ferries shuttle between the two parts of town.
This is supposedly the oldest synogue of the Western hemisphere. Founded in 1732 it has been in permanent use by the Jewish community. It is possible to visit the synagogue (3 US$) and the Jewish Cultural Historical Museum next to it (+2 US$).
Address: Hanchi Snoa 29, Punda
Phone: +599 461 1633
Fort Amsterdam was one of Willemstad's firsts buildings. In the beginning it served to guard the harbour entrance, later it became the residence of the gouvenor. These days it's the seat of the gouverment of the Netherlands Antilles. You can enter the courtyard and visit the church and the Fort Church Museum.
Phone: +599 461 1139 (Museum)
Curacao's capital was found in 1634 just after the Dutch took over the island. It's situated on both sides of a canal leading to the natural harbour of St. Anabaai.
The Dutch traders built houses copying those of their homecountry and these days Willemstad is also called "Little Amsterdam".
As it is a UNESCO heritage site, lots of money goes to the restoration of the historical building. They're doing a great job!
More Reviews (8)
- See All The famous Blue Curacao
- Hato Airport
- Money Matters
bijo69's Related Pages
Curaçao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The many faces of Curacao"
- "Curacao - Old World Charm and Crystal Clear Water"
- "COLORFUL CURACAO !!"
- "A solo holiday to Curacao on a budget"
- "Fun, Sun & Relaxation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Curaçao
- Hotels in Curaçao
- Transportation in Curaçao
- Nightlife in Curaçao
- Restaurants in Curaçao
- Shopping in Curaçao
- Warnings and Dangers in Curaçao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Curaçao
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Curaçao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Curaçao
- updated a Curaçao Travel Page "Curacao"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Where Should You Go in 2015?..."
- Commented on one of kooka3's Curaçao travel pages
- Wrote a Review The famous Blue Curacao about Senior's ?Genuine Curaçao Liqueur? in Curaçao Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "The famous Blue Curacao"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 38 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 42 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos
- Spain Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Western Australia Intro, 29 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos
- Sofia Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Floating Market- 9 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Dutch Architecture- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Hotel Day Pass- 6 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Beaches- 18 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Shete Boca National Park- 7 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Hato Caves- 8 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Queen Emma Bridge- 9 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Sea Aquarium- 11 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Willemstad Tour- 6 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Christoffelpark- 9 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Curaçao Things to Do