"Snowdon" Snowdonia by cmak
Snowdonia Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 531 photos
Snowdonia is one of the most beautiful place I have been to, its breathtaking landscape is incomparable (I am a Lakes District fan!).
We have chosen to hike Snowdon on a cool Friday in September, armed with waterproofs, hiking sticks, hot drinks, food and everything that I will need (that what I thought) for the hike.
We took the Miner's track up to summit of Snowdon, the highest mountain in the England and Wales at 1085 meters above sea level! We took the Miner's track, a relatively easy route up to the summit (apart from taking the mountain railway!) Along the way was the beautiful sceneries, huge mountains, valleys, ridges everywhere. It looks magnificent from every angle.
ps. At the time I was there, the train wasn't working and the station at top of Snowdon was CLOSED. so check before you opt for that route :P
Can you see the staircase, it makes life so much easier :P
It took us 3hrs to get up to the summmit with many stops :P We then descent from Snowdon via Crib Goch, a grade 1 scramble route that leads to Pyg Track and to the carpark. This is a knife edge ridge walk by no means, scariest thing I have seen in my life. It was unexpectedly scary, although the scrambling was not too technical! At some points, it was a straight drop from both sides of the ridge... well it took us 6 gruesome hours to get back to firm ground of the carpark. and if you are interested, this is ONLY a part of the so called Snowdon horseshoe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowdon_horseshoe).
See pic "OMG".
ps. Crib Goch is only 1 half of the famous SNOWDON horseshoe, which in the future, I would like to see and be able to experience it all
- Pros:Beauty of nature, expect to be amazed :D
- Cons:Prepare for wet conditions
- In a nutshell:Snowdonia is truly a place not to be missed
cmak's Related Pages
Snowdonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Snowdonia National Park"
- "Snowdonia's Splendid Scenery"
- "Snowdonia Splendour"
- "SNOWDON CLIMB"
- "Buzzards shriek............."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Snowdonia
- Hotels in Snowdonia
- Transportation in Snowdonia
- Nightlife in Snowdonia
- Restaurants in Snowdonia
- Shopping in Snowdonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Snowdonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Snowdonia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Snowdonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snowdonia
Top 10 Pages
- Algarve Intro, 9 reviews, 6 photos
- Lake District National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Geneva Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Moel-tryfan Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreux Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Alghero Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Rumah Mulu 3 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.