"Old, Traditional Sound, Bibimbap, Jeonju" Chonju by jckim
Chonju Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 70 photos
The name Jeonju was first used in AD 757 (16th year of Shilla King Gyeong-deok), when Wansanju was renamed Jeonju, the name that is still used today. Jeonju has seen 1,250 years of history, and is famous for being one of Korea’s oldest cities. In AD 900, Jeonju was designated as a capital city of the Baekje Dynasty, founded by Gyeon-whon, and later became the birthplace of the Chosun Dynasty’s cultural renaissance. Jeonju was the political and governmental center of Jeollado during the Chosun Dynasty and jurisdiction ranged from Jeollado to Jejudo. Jeonju is the center of Jeollabukdo, as its provincial government office is located in Jeonju. In the history of past one thousand years in Korean, there have been only 6 cities that have ever been designated as the capital of a dynasty, with Jeonju being known as a political and cultural center of its region.
( Jeonju City Information )
Jeondong Catholic Church
jckim's Related Pages
Chonju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a little paradise in Korea ÀüÁÖ½Ã!!!!!!!°¡ÀÚ!"
- "Home away from home"
- "Old, Traditional Sound, Bibimbap, Jeonju"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chonju
- Hotels in Chonju
- Transportation in Chonju
- Nightlife in Chonju
- Shopping in Chonju
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chonju
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Chonju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chonju
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Re: Is booking in advance..."
- Wrote a Review First Joseon Dynasty Emperor King Taejo in Chonju Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "First Joseon Dynasty Emperor King Taejo"
- updated a Chonju Travel Page "Old, Traditional Sound, Bibimbap, Jeonju"
- Commented on one of Christianzagar's Chonju travel pages
Photos in ChonjuSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 166 reviews, 305 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 67 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 45 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 43 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 47 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 19 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos