"Home of Jikji City, Cheongju" Ch'ungju by jckim
Ch'ungju Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 37 photos
Baekunhwasang Chorok Buljo Jikji Simche Yojol (We'll call it Jikji from now) is the oldest metal printed book in the world among existing books, which was made 78 years before Gutenberg in German had published ¸The 42-line Bible, 1452-1455) .
You can see its historical value, from the event that the world's powerful presses pointed out that the metal printed type had mostly influenced on the human historical development during the last 1000 years.
Although Jikji was published in Hungduk Temple, 866 Ave. Uncheondong Hungdukgu Cheongju city Chungcheong Province in Korea, in 1377, it has not been valued for a long time.
However, it was registered to Memory of the World of UNESCO in SEP 4 2001 thanks to that every circle started to value high.
Only the last volume of Jikji is now in safekeeping in Manuscrit Orianteaux of France National Library, and the recovery movement of Jikji is actively spreading, centered round Cheongju
Baegunhwasang Chorokbuljo Jikjisimcheyojeol contains the essentials of Zen Buddhism compiled by Priest Baegun in the... more travel advice
jckim's Related Pages
Ch'ungju Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Jikji City, Cheongju"
- "Valley of Beopjusa and Songnisan"
- "World Rowing Championships 2013"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ch'ungju
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Ch'ungju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ch'ungju
Photos in Ch'ungjuSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 166 reviews, 305 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 65 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 45 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 43 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 47 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kotor Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos