"Gong-ju, Old History City" Kongju by jckim
Kongju Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 41 photos
Gongju was formerly named Ungjin and was the capital of Baekje Dynasty from AD 475 to 538,
King Moonju, the 22nd king of Baekje, moved its capital from Wirye to Ungjin.
during a period when Baekje was under threat from Goguryeo.
As a result, the previous capital of Hanseong (modern-day Seoul) having been overrun.
In 538, King Seong moved the capital to Sabi (in modern-day Buyeo County).
Gong-ju is the family vacation destination, with an abundance of ancient artifacts and relics.
In addition to the clear waters of the Geum-gang river which crosses throuth the heart of the city including Mt, Gyeryong-san.
Gyeryongsan National Park was designated as the national park in Dec. 31, 1968. Gyeryongsan mountain stretches... more travel advice
jckim's Related Pages
Kongju Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kongju
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Kongju?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kongju
Photos in KongjuSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 166 reviews, 305 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Korea Intro, 67 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 45 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 43 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 47 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kotor Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos