Seoul Favorite Tips by jckim
Seoul Favorites: 204 reviews and 296 photos
Favorite thing: Ga ( Street ) : Jongno 2-ga, Toegyero 3-ga
No or Ro ( Road ) : Jong-no,Toegye-ro
Dong ( Administrative Unit ) : Myeong-dong, Insa-dong
Gu ( District ) : Gangnam-gu, Dobong-gu,Jongno-gu
Si ( City ) : Seoul-si, Sokcho-si, Suncheon-si
Do ( Province or Island ) : Chungcheongnam-do,Jeju-do
San ( Mt ) : Seorak-san, Nam-san
Cheon ( stream ) : Cheonggye-cheon, Naerin-cheon
Gang ( River ) : Han-gang, Nakdong-gang
Gyo ( Bridge ) : Hangangdaegyo, Seongsandae-gyo
Hang ( Harbor or Port ) : Busan-hang, Incheon-hang
Yeok ( Train Station ) : Seoul-yeok, Busan-yeok
Ji-ha-cheol ( Subway )
Jeong-yu-jang ( Bus Stop )
Gung ( Palace ) : Gyeongbokgung, Deoksugung
Jeon ( Hall ) : Geunjeongjeon, Jiphyeonjeon
Jeong ( pavilion ) : Hyangweon-jeong
Sa ( Temple or Shrine ) : Bulguk-sa, Hyeonchung-sa
Tap ( Pagoda ) : Dabotap, Seokgatap
Mun ( Gate or Door ) : Dongdaemun,Namdaemun
Favorite thing: Double-decker Tour Details
- Departure Location: In front of Dopngwha Duty Free Shop in Gwanghwamun area (Exit 6 at Gwanghwamun station on subway line 5)
- Departure Hours: Daily (except Mondays) at 10:00 a.m., 12:00 (noon), 14:00, 16:30, 19:00 (One tour takes approximately 100 minutes to 2 hours to complete, depending on traffic.)
- Maximum capacity: 74 people (20 on the first floor and 54 on the second floor)
- No double-decker bus tour on Mondays (service is available however on holiday Mondays)
- Tour fees: 5,000 won for adults; 3,000 won for high school students or younger
- Trained tour guide service to be provided during the ride
Fondest memory: http://www.visitseoul.net/english_new/index.htm
Favorite thing: In weekends and holidays, all over the places at Daehak-ro, worth seeing street Performance.
Favorite thing: Uireung ( Historical Sites No. 204 ). The tombs of the King Gyeongjong ( 1721~1724 ) and second Queen Seoneuiwanghu Eo.
Subway Line1, Sinemun Stn, Exit 1, and 15 minute by walk
Taereung and gangneung ( Historic Sites No. 201 ). Taereung is a royal tomb of Queen Yun, the second consort of King Jungjong, the 11th monarch of Joseon. Gangneung contains royal tombs of King Myeongjong, the 13th king of Joseon, and his consort, Queen Sim.
Subway Line 6, Taereung Stn.
Heoninneung and Inneung ( Historical Sites No. 194 ). Heonneung is the royal tombs of King Tejong, the third king of Joseon, and the Queen Min, his consort. Inneung is where King Sunjo, the 23rd king of Joseon, and Queen Kim are buried.
Subway Line 3, Yangjae Stn, Exit 7.
Fondest memory: View to type of royal tombs of Joseon Dynasty.
Favorite thing: Changdeokgung palace is the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. It is closed to the individual tour, only four language guided possible place. take the times are more than 1hour 30 minute.
Jan~ Dec : 11:30, 13:30, 15:30
Mar~ Oct : 09:30, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30, 16:30
Nov~ Feb : 09:30, 10:30, 12:30, 14:30
Jan~Dec : 11:00, 15:00
Jan~Dec : 09:45~15:45
Favorite thing: It's a see the highlight of downtown and palaces of Seoul. expert tour guides who can speak Korean, English, Japanese, or Chinese will accompany the tour and tell you about our great city. Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese and French languge translations are also available through the provided headsets and monitor. the Seoul city tour bus offers passengers a unique and enjoyable way of learning about and Sampling everything that Seoul has to offer.
Departing from in front of Dongwha DFS of Gwanghwamun.
Incheon Airport : Airport Limousine Bus ticket booth and major Hotels in Seoul. May buy bus ticket from tour guide get on the bus too.
Single Ride : Adult 5000won, Children 3000won
One day Ticket ( Downtown & palace tour ) : Adult 10000won, Children 8000won
Discounts or free entry to tourist attractions
Seoul Museum of History : Free
War Memorial of Korea : 30%off
Han River Pleasure Boat : 20%off ( Yeouido Boat Terminal )
Cheongdong Theater : 20%off
63 Building : 15%off
Tokebi Theater : 10%off
Top Cloud : 10%off
Seoul Museum of Art : free
Seoultower : 13~25% off
Independence Park : free
Nanta Theater : 10% off
Samcheonggak : 10~15% off
Koreahouse : 10% off
Sejong Center : 30% off
National Theater of Korea : 20% off
Fondest memory: Easily approachable to downtown and historical remains and Royal palaces.
Tel : 02-777-6090
Dongwha DFS of Gwanghwamun. ( Subway lines 5,Gwanghwamun Stn exit gateway 6 )
Favorite thing: Stand in the front of Nanta Theatre
Fondest memory: Look at this! all cooking utensils!
Favorite thing: If you visit to Jeongdong( Chongdong ) Theatre, have a pleasant experience of Korean trad dancing and performance.
Fondest memory: Absorbed in play dancing.
Favorite thing: Situated by the side of National Folk Museum. this Museum is Hand on exhibitions for Children to learn Folk knowledge about Traditional Korean costume, making Kimchi, playing Folk games and the other things.
Located behind Gyeonbokgung.
Subway Line 3, Gyeonbokgung Stn or Anguk Stn.
Favorite thing: In front of Gwanghwamun.
The ceremony of opening and closing Palace gate guard change at gate front area.
Sumunjang mean's are commander of the gate guard.
Uniforms, Weapons, Accessories of the guard are revived.
view to another culture of part of Joseon Dynasty.
Period march1 ~ november30.
10:00 the ceremony of opening Palace gate and guard change and a parade to the meeting at court
12:00~14:00 the ceremony of changing the gate guard
15:30 the ceremony of closing the Palace gate and changing the guard.
Sumungun costume try on with photo taking( for foreigners and families ), Sumunjang doll coloring
More Reviews (150)
- See All Gyobo Book Center
- See All Pul Ppang
- See All Guest house in Seoul English website
- See All Hanbok Market
- See All Call Van overcharge
jckim's Related Pages
Seoul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to The Land of Big Smog"
- "Return to Seoul"
- "Seoul - My favorite place on Earth!"
- "Seoul: Energy in the Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Organized Chaos --> Seoul, South Korea"
- "Seoul, Capital of Korea"
- "Backpacking Korea in Winter / Spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seoul
- Hotels in Seoul
- Transportation in Seoul
- Nightlife in Seoul
- Restaurants in Seoul
- Shopping in Seoul
- Warnings and Dangers in Seoul
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kootenay National Park Hotels
- Cala Gonone Hotels
- Lake Louise
- Cibinong Hotels
- Wildert Hotels
Badges & Stats in Seoul
- 165 Reviews
- 300 Photos
- 77 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seoul
Photos in SeoulSee All Photos (300)
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 165 reviews, 302 photos, 7 travelogues
- South Korea Intro, 59 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jeju-do Intro, 43 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 43 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tallinn County Intro, 47 reviews, 51 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 41 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kotor Intro, 37 reviews, 39 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 35 reviews, 37 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos
Latest Seoul hotel reviews
- Kaya Hotel
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Mayfield Hotel Seoul
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Noble Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Bangrang Hostel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Vision Hotel Seoul
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 11, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Seoul
- 192 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Yim's House Seoul
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- New Boolim Tourist Hotel Seoul
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 9, 2013
- Fraser Place Central Seoul
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2013
- Seoul Leisure Tourist Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Novotel Ambassador Doksan
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- M Chereville
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hotel Dynasty
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2007
- Hotel Crown Insadong
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Seoul Guest House
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Gyeongbokgung Palace- 87 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Namsan (South Mountain) and Seoul Tower- 67 Reviews, 160 Photos
- DMZ - DeMilitarized Zone- 57 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Insadong- 37 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Korean Folk Village- 41 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Lotte World- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Itaewon- 19 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Myeongdong- 22 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Namdaemun - Great South Gate- 35 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Dongdaemoon - Great East Gate- 31 Reviews, 61 Photos
See All Seoul Things to Do