"South Africa by Caravan" South Africa by Myndo
South Africa Travel Guide: 11,949 reviews and 28,147 photos
Ok. I have to admit, this was not my idea, but when my parents offered me to come with them into the holidays one last time, I couldn´t resist: especially, when I heard the Destination: South Africa.
So here are my tips.
Time: 3 1/2 weeks
Caravan: Spirit 5 (made for 5 people, very good for us 3), no 4WD
from Johannesburg to Cape Town
Johannesburg - Middleburg - Botshabele Camp - Sabie - Pilgrims Rest - Blyde River Canyon - Hoedspruit - Orpen - Kruger Ntl Park - Kirkmans Camp - Swaziland - Westland Park - Durban - Shell Beach - East London - Port Alfred - Addo Elefant Ntl Park - Port Elizabeth - Cape Recife - Jeffreys Bay - Tsitsikamma Ntl Park - Natures Valley - Plettenburg Bay - Knysna - Wilderness Ntl Park - Outshoom - Robinson Pass - Mossel Bay - Swellendam - Stellenboesch - Fish Hoek - Cape Horn - Tablemountains - Cape Town
The blue underlined places I have more tips on (and they are my favorites). They are links direct to the pages. For the rest, see the tips on this side.
... and the first stamps from Africa in my passport.
South Africa and Swaziland.
The blue sheet on the left is the visa - with a barcode. quite clever, I think.
- Pros:Landscapes, Animals and friendly people
- Cons:(I try not to get too political)
- In a nutshell:Africa for Beginners (like me)
Malaria: The Risk of catching Malaria is different depending on what Areas you visit. Areas: high Risk: Months 9-6,... more travel advice
Sabie Sand Wildtuin is a Game Reserve next to the Kruger National Park (right west of it). It lies around the Sand... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
South Africa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A world in one country!"
- "A peek into a great country"
- "SUNNY SOUTH AFRICA not at the moment its raining"
- "South Africa Road Trip"
- "South Africa"
- "South Africa - We had a wonderful World Cup!"
- "The Splendour of South Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Africa
- Hotels in South Africa
- Transportation in South Africa
- Nightlife in South Africa
- Restaurants in South Africa
- Shopping in South Africa
- Warnings and Dangers in South Africa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Africa
- 59 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to South Africa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Africa
- Posted in Travel Ko Samui Forum "Re: Short visits: what to see and..."
- Commented on one of Jenniflower's South Africa travel pages
- updated a South Africa Travel Page "South Africa by Caravan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "South Africa by Caravan"
- Wrote a Review Health in South Africa - status Aug 2004 in South Africa Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos
Top South Africa hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- 2671 Reviews - 6198 Photos
- Durban Hotels
- 424 Reviews - 851 Photos
- Johannesburg Hotels
- 1079 Reviews - 2209 Photos
- Port Elizabeth Hotels
- 93 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Pretoria Hotels
- 396 Reviews - 701 Photos
- Sun City Hotels
- 311 Reviews - 834 Photos
- East London Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Umhlanga Rocks Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Clarens Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Kruger National Park Hotels
- 649 Reviews - 1557 Photos
- Port Alfred Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Bloemfontein Hotels
- 96 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Pietermaritzburg Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Hluhluwe Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Kimberley Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 72 Photos