"Namibia - the dry paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia by Myndo

Namibia Travel Guide: 2,173 reviews and 6,369 photos

Namiba Self-Drive Safari

I have fallen in love with this dry but wonderful country, its landscapes and its inhabitants. And that in such a short time.
I will have to come back. Definitely!

Time : 3 weeks
Car: Toyota Venture 4WD with roof-tent
Staying in: Guest houses, Camping places, Lodges

Route:
Windhoek - Keetmansop - Sinclair Guest Farm - Mwisho - Soussouvlei - B?llsport - Swakopmund - Twyfelfontein - Vingerklip - Etosha - Waterberg - Okonjima - Gross Barmen -
Windhoek.

Waterberg
etc etc.

wide, dry land

red dunes at Soussouvlei

• Pros:wonderful nature, wild land, animals, everything you need.
  • Cons:sometimes very bad roads, long distances
  • In a nutshell:Feel the desert!
  • Last visit to Namibia: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 21, 2005

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hi
    Nice, well informed tips ... well done!
    Regards
    Cathy

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Really fabulous tips, I lived down south in Oranjemund. The "Gemsbok" used to come into our garden in the early mornings to eat the grass.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 5:10 AM

You caught me off guard, while checking your Namibia pages I spotted the word "Stamps" and being a postage stamp collector thought of "postage stamps from Namibia"...but for sure will have to visit there not ONLY for the stamps. ^O^ Martin

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM

I really like Nambia. In Swapkopmund I talked to an old Deutschländer whose father came there to build the pier. Excellent overview!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Excellent and beautifully illustrated page on this fascinating country. Loved your descriptions of the exotic flora and wildlife. Lots of practical advice too. Thanks for the wonderful virtual tour!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Namibia is on my number one list of places that I want to see in Africa, your pages are wonderful!:)

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I've only dreamnt of seeing Namibia. I hope we can experience it soon. Please tell us how and where you rented your off road/ camping vehicle & how much was the rental of this 4x4. Thanks!

• Dec 27, 2006 at 1:41 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR PICTURES IN NAMIBIA I `AM LIVING IN NIGER AND I HAVE SEEN THE LANDSCAPE RESEMBLE .THANKS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for the visit! This is a place that's high on my list, but will be a while before I have time to explore it. I'll definately read through your pages when I have a moment! I think next is a short trip to northern Africa (4~5 days)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 3:04 PM

Extremely useful information for would-be travellers to this amazing country!! You really saw a tremendous number of fantastic sights during your trek! Thanks for these excellent pics and tips on Namibia!

Myndo

“Wherever you go, there you are.”

Badges & Stats in Namibia

Have you been to Namibia?

Latest Activity in Namibia