"Mombasa & once around the National Parks" Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya by Myndo
Kenya Travel Guide: 4,301 reviews and 11,668 photos
Kenya is a wonderful country with almost magical landscapes: imagine light blue waves and a beach full of palms. Imagine the majestic look of Kilimanjaro that towers over the clouds and has a crown of snow - and that in Africa.
Also there are the animals. Hopefully well preserved in the National Parks you can still find almost everything, from Antelopes, Lions, Cheetah, Leopard (if you are lucky), Elefants, Hyena, Rhinos, Hippos, Crocodiles and and and.
Just one thing: If you want to see them, you better take your time for it. One of the many 1- or 2 day safaris will mostly leave you unhappy, because you did not see enough and drove most of the time (yes, the distances can be vast). Take at least a five day safari, or leave it.
There are people who are happy staying on the Beach their whole holidays. Fine if that works for you, for me it is just plain boring.
On my sites you can find information about travelling around Kenya with the African Safari Club, its Camps, Hotels and the Parks they visit.
We stayed on the beach at Mombasa for about a week and had a 7 day Safari through Tsavo East, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara and Kimana, ASC's own Park at the foot of the Kilimanjaro.
Of course ASC is a quite big tourist agency and they bring lots of Tourists in and through Kenya. This has pros and cons. For once it is comparingly cheap (I have looked at other Safari agencys before, they offer almost the same Safaris for over 4000 Swiss Francs per Person, ASC has it for 3500 including flight and hotel at the beach for a week). On the other hand you have experienced car drivers, the organisation is fairly well (especially for African conditions) and they don't do too big groups - especially on the safaris.
- Pros:Landscape, Animals, Beach, etc
- Cons:People are polite, but not outhand friendly.
- In a nutshell:Safari means journey, - just do it!
At least once you should get up early enough to see a sunrise out in the wild. Whether it is inTsavo, Nakuru, Masai... more travel advice
The medical system in Kenya is not too bad (one of the things that accounts for the high growth of the population. The... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Kenya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamhuri ya Kenya"
- "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- ""YOUR @SS is GRASS!:"
- "Working in Kenia"
- "AMBOSELI SAFARI!!"
- "KENYA, JAMBO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenya
- Hotels in Kenya
- Transportation in Kenya
- Nightlife in Kenya
- Restaurants in Kenya
- Shopping in Kenya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenya
- 93 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Kenya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenya
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do I need a visum? - finally..."
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Kenya travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunrises over African Landscapes!"
- updated a Kenya Travel Page "Mombasa & once around the National Parks"
- Wrote a Review Sunrises over African Landscapes! in Kenya Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos