"Basel - trinational" Top 5 Page for this destination Basel by Myndo

Basel Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,430 photos

Basel

A wonderful webcam with a view over the Rhein - and a good way to have a look at what the weather is right now, you can find here: Basel WebCam

Good place to look for news about Basel in the web (and in different languages, english, french, japanese):
Basel Tourismus

Wanna have a virtual look (3D) around Basel? It's possible here:
Basel virtual (just click on the right side of the page)

Events in Basel:
Basel events daily (just click on the right

the TINGUELY-FOUNTAIN

my most loved fountain in Basel (and there are a lot).
It moves, it sprays, it splashes, it?s fun!

And you should just see it in winter with the ice all over it in bizarre forms.

BASILISKS

Basilisks (after that the town seems to have it´s name) are small dragons.

So you will find dragons everywhere in Basel. The picture shows one of many Basilisk-fountains in the city.

But you can find them also at the Munster (the cathedral), at houses (look at the windows, entrances and doors) and on pillars. and, and and. It´s actually quite fun looking for them (what we had to do sometime in school) (see my travellogue)

• Pros:very good public transportation, theatres, museums, ...
  • Cons:i am waiting for the old town to become a pedestrian only place.
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2012

• Dec 10, 2007 at 2:19 PM

You have a very interesting Basel Page and the tips are helpful. I sure am stopping by Basel on my next visit to Switzerland! Thanks!

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Some great pics and useful, interesting and well-written information to go with them - well done ! - 5 stars from mikestarr5 in sunny "Barking Town"

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 10:53 PM

What a stunning photo of the fountain in winter :-)))) Greetings from the desert / Jess in Dubai

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Marvelous job on Basel pages. I especially liked the Vogel Gryff, Tongue King, the gardens, The oldest Tram, and the Frasnacht.. Great photographs to accompany your very informative narratives.

• trisanna's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Many great tips on your city. Will be there in october and looking forward to seeing a bit of Basel. Any advice on where to take a one year old child?

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2007 at 1:34 AM

Nice city. I'd like to visit Switzerland too. Everyone told me good things about it. :)) Have a nice day.

• JamesWtc's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2007 at 2:49 AM

Hi, I'm new addition in Basel... :) james

• Jun 1, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Hello,I was on your Basel page and you get some god ratings from me:) Have nice weekend:) Franky

• Kiriel's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Basel is one of my favourite cities in Switzerland; I have been enjoying your tips, and next time I visit will have to look out for some of the places that you describe but I haven't seen yet! Thanks

• joncampbell's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 6:17 PM

Ich habe viel gelernt! Ich komme aus England aber ich wohne in Basel und ich finde es noch schampar schoen!!

Myndo Lives Here!

Myndo

“Wherever you go, there you are.”

Badges & Stats in Basel