"A short trip through Northern Thailand" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand by Myndo
Northern Thailand Travel Guide: 3,268 reviews and 8,904 photos
This was the Route we took and the things we did / saw on our short Northern Thailand Trip.
We booked a 5 day tour with Diethelm travels (a firm that is quite big in doing trips in Thailand)
The name of the trip was "Golden Triangle" - and it promised to show us around Northern Thailand. Its Temples, Landscapes, Hilltribes, Doing things like boating on the River Mae Kong (Mekong) and Mae Kok (Mekok), also Elefant Riding and City tours.
So here is it:
1st day :
Start in Chiang Mai - visit a Karen Village - Hot Springs - Chiang Rai - Chiang Saen - Wat Phra Dat Kom Kitti - Mekong River - Golden Triangle
2nd day: Golden Triangle - Chiang Saen - Mae Sai - Fish Grotto - Doi Mae Salong - Tea plantations - Akha Village - Yao Village - Chiang Rai
3rd day: Chiang Rai - Mekok River - Elefant Riding - Lahu Village - Hmong Hilltribe Lodge
4th day: Hmong Hilltribe Lodge - Elefant Camp - Orchid Farm - Shopping Tour Chiang Mai (Jade, Silk, Umbrellas) - Kantoke dinner in the Evening - Night market
5th day: City tour Chiang Mai - Wat Phra Singh - Wat Chiang Man - Wat Doi Suthep
I have to say they made it real good. Very good organisation, also we were a very small group (only 4 people) so we could enjoy it all the more. Our guide also had a very nice way with the Hilltribe people, so we did nit only feel like we were gawking at them ( I am pretty sure the big groups will feel like walking through an exhibition or a zoo or a shop-street at some of their villages).
So northern Thailand was a very pleasant surprise. Full of wonderful magic looking landscapes, friendly people, very good food, comfortable clima ...
I would recommend this to anyone!
- Pros:Magic looking landscapes, friendly people, fabulous food, comfortable clima...
- Cons:... well, sometimes you just feel like a tourist :-(
- In a nutshell:Go there!
You won´t see many tourists in the local markets, but I really think this is something you must have experienced at... more travel advice
The Yao came to Thailand from China, They fled when Mao took over the regime there. If you look at them, you can see... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Northern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short trip through Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand - Higher, Cooler and Amazing"
- "Chiang Mai, Golden Triangle & Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand"
- "Chiang Mai also under re-construction"
- "a day or two in the north"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northern Thailand
- Hotels in Northern Thailand
- Transportation in Northern Thailand
- Nightlife in Northern Thailand
- Restaurants in Northern Thailand
- Shopping in Northern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Northern Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Northern Thailand
- 67 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Northern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northern Thailand
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do I need a visum? - finally..."
- Commented on one of 71stuman's Northern Thailand travel pages
- updated a Northern Thailand Travel Page "A short trip through Northern Thailand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good food nice Place, Chiang Rai"
- Wrote a Review Local markets in Northern Thailand Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos