"Central Thailand: all the water you want and more" Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand by Myndo

Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Guide: 14,902 reviews and 35,082 photos

My biggest impression about the Central Part of Thailand is, that water is a big part of the life here.
I am not talking about water that is of course necessary to drink, but water as a means of transportation, for connecting and separating houses (as in the klongs of Bangkok), as a place to hold markets there (as in the waterways of Damnoen Saduak).
As water that falls naturally in hidden pools in the Erawan National Park, where you can have a bath or even swim in these green surroundings you may only know from movies about Trazan, Mogli etc.
As water that has to be crossed with bridges that may become a target in a war (the Bridge over River Kwai in Kanchanaburi).
And last but not least water as nourishment and necessity for the rice plantations, fields that go as far you can see.

So the Central part of Thailand is in my memory deeply connected with water in its many forms. Only rain I have not experienced here.

Next to the water what is imposant here are the many cultural sites. Bangkok with its Wats and Palace, Ayutthaya, that is actually like a small Angkor Wat (but less trees, I am afraid).

So Central Thailand is a region that is worth visiting and staying longer.

We visited Central Thailand on the way down to Phuket.
We rented a car (4WD, big) in Bangkok and drove down alone.
Our Itinary (first part - the second you can look up under my southern Thailand pages):

day 1: Bangkok
day 5: Prachuap Khiri Khan: beach
Chumpon
Klong Prao Ntl Park
staying in Ranong
(Itinary continued in Southern Thailand)

• Last visit to Central & Eastern Thailand: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2006

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM

VERY INTERESTING PAGE, I WILL CONTINUE WITH NORH AND THEN SOUTH THAILAND

• debtravers's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 7:28 AM

Very good tips, can't wait for our first visit in April...getting excited now!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2006 at 12:14 PM

"pling, pling, pling" – interesting texts and fine photos. I especially liked that cave picture. (I've been to Vietnam but never to Thailand. Yet.)

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2006 at 1:12 AM

Excellent tips in here. I couldn't stand the feeling of fish tickling my toes and legs... bbrrrrr :))

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Great page!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 2:55 AM

Very good tips on visiting Thailand. This country is truely amazing!!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 3:37 PM

A great start to my day. Excellent tips backed with great photos.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 7:37 AM

So much history here--enjoyed your pics and commentary. The waterfalls looked so inviting!

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 3:21 AM

Excellent tips as usual Corinne. Some great pictures too. So strange about those little fish!

Myndo

“Wherever you go, there you are.”

Badges & Stats in Central & Eastern Thailand

Have you been to Central & Eastern Thailand?