"Central Thailand: all the water you want and more" Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand by Myndo
Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Guide: 15,230 reviews and 36,530 photos
My biggest impression about the Central Part of Thailand is, that water is a big part of the life here.
I am not talking about water that is of course necessary to drink, but water as a means of transportation, for connecting and separating houses (as in the klongs of Bangkok), as a place to hold markets there (as in the waterways of Damnoen Saduak).
As water that falls naturally in hidden pools in the Erawan National Park, where you can have a bath or even swim in these green surroundings you may only know from movies about Trazan, Mogli etc.
As water that has to be crossed with bridges that may become a target in a war (the Bridge over River Kwai in Kanchanaburi).
And last but not least water as nourishment and necessity for the rice plantations, fields that go as far you can see.
So the Central part of Thailand is in my memory deeply connected with water in its many forms. Only rain I have not experienced here.
Next to the water what is imposant here are the many cultural sites. Bangkok with its Wats and Palace, Ayutthaya, that is actually like a small Angkor Wat (but less trees, I am afraid).
So Central Thailand is a region that is worth visiting and staying longer.
We visited Central Thailand on the way down to Phuket.
We rented a car (4WD, big) in Bangkok and drove down alone.
Our Itinary (first part - the second you can look up under my southern Thailand pages):
day 1: Bangkok
day 2: Bangkok, renting the car,
staying in Kanchanaburi
day 3: get up early, Erawan Ntl Park, Erawan Falls
Soi Yok Ntl Park
staying in Kanchanaburi
day 4: get up very early, floating markets in Damnoen Saduak
Phetchaburi: Khao Luang caves
Hua Hin (beach)
staying in Prachuap Khiri Khan
day 5: Prachuap Khiri Khan: beach
Klong Prao Ntl Park
staying in Ranong
(Itinary continued in Southern Thailand)
located at the Suan Son Beach, that lies in the north of the small city of Prachuap Khiri Khan. The Hotel is a 2 story... more travel advice
Markets are excellent places to find something to eat. Because most Thai houses do not have kitchens (!), they offer so... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Central Thailand: all the water you want and more"
- "Bangkok and beyond"
- "Koh Mak, Koh Kham & Koh Rayang in seven days"
- "Bangkok & Ayuthaya - Region of Temples and Culture"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Hotels in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Transportation in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Nightlife in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Restaurants in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Shopping in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Central & Eastern Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Central & Eastern Thailand
- 62 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Central & Eastern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Central & Eastern Thailand
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Vindication of..."
- Commented on one of beebah's Central & Eastern Thailand travel pages
- updated a Central & Eastern Thailand Travel Page "Central Thailand: all the water you want and more"
- Wrote a Review Prachuap Khiri Khan: Golden Beach... in Central & Eastern Thailand Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Prachuap Khiri Khan: Golden Beach Hotel"
Photos in Central & Eastern ThailandSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos