"Tinos: wind, dove coats and greece feeling" Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island by Myndo
Tinos Island Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 310 photos
Tinos is one of the bigger greec islands, but with 35 km length and 15 kms wide it is easy to explore.
We choose to vacation here after an invitation from friends who took over a guesthouse here. They have been coming here for over 13 years and fell in love from the beginning. Now, when their host offered them to take over the guest house when he retired, they accepted. - good for us!
I was looking for info about Tinos on the web, but didn't find much useful. Same with travel books - Tinos still seems to be a more "off the beaten path" destination.
Still it would be wrong to think the island would not be prepared for tourists. You can find all you need, tons of restaurants and small shops, a public transport system (buses), taxis, you can rent a car or a scooter, the signs are bilingual in greek and english.
Because here you can get the original cycalde island feeling without it being so overrun like, say, Mykonos.
because here you find interesting landscapes as well as the typical villages,
because the restaurants are not only here for the tourists, but also for the locals,
because you can choose what kind of beach you would like: sandy? stones? with umbrellas and sunbeds,
because here you can still really relax!
Relax on one of the many beaches, go swimming in the sea,
Mix with the locals on the way to the main church in Tinos town,
Enjoy the local dishes in one of the many restaurants all over the island,
Have a look at the stone structures around Agapi and Volax, watch the basket makers,
Visit Pyrgos with its marble carvings and the cemetery with the bone house,
Watch the sunset at the port of Tinos Town,
Stroll through the monastiri and see how the nuns live here,
Look out for the most picturesque dove cote,
I think there is no way to say how many religious buildings such as churches, chapels etc. there are on Tinos. Looking... more travel advice
Funny that "wind" should be a local customs tip ... Anyway, there is no shortage of wind on Tinos. When we were there,... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Tinos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tinos: wind, dove coats and greece feeling"
- "Tinos, a Traditoinal Cycladic Island"
- "Pilgrimage Island"
- "Tinos Tour"
- "WORK IN PROGRESS"
- "Pilgrimage Island and so much more"
- "Tinos:blue and white"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tinos Island
- Hotels in Tinos Island
- Transportation in Tinos Island
- Restaurants in Tinos Island
- Shopping in Tinos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Tinos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tinos Island
- 31 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Tinos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tinos Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos