"Serengeti - wide land" Serengeti National Park by Myndo
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 497 photos
"Serengeti" means in the Maasai language: endless plain.
- And thats what it is. Grass-land wherever you look, wide and flat as a pan, only interrupted by smaller stone-hills and some single trees.
The trees are a good place to look for the animals. It gets really hot here at day and a lot of animals are looking for the shadow these trees provide.
Also look for higher spots, they make good look-outs for the many lions you can find in this park.
You will se a lot of animals here, as many lions as you wish to see. If you have a good guide he will find you a spot where you can even watch a lion hunt.
The Serengeti Ntl park is quite big (thanks to the efforts of Professor Grzimek and son: remember "Serengeti must not die"?) and it covers an area that the animals are wandering around. 14763 km2
It hosts the biggest concentration on free living nig mammals on the earth. Gnus, Gazellae, Zebras, Impaslas, Topis, Buffaloes, Girraffae, Lions, Elefants...
(the Gnus, Zebras and Gazellae are wandering -migrating clockwise through the park through the year)
So, take your time for this wonderful place on earth. Have patience if the animals do not just "present" themselves and never stop looking and watching. It is also a good idea to stay in one place a little longer...
the picture shows a Thompson Gazelle - as one can see at the black stripe on the side (Impalas don't have that).
Serengeti is a landscape that must be seen - and felt. It is hard just to describe it.
Serengeti Sopa Lodge: Located on a small hill in the serengeti, so you have a nice overview over the landscape. With... more travel advice
Serengeti, the wide land. or endless plains, as is actually the translation. Here you see the typical landscape, dry... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
- Posted in Travel Ko Samui Forum "Re: Short visits: what to see and..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Animals in Serengeti"
- updated a Serengeti National Park Travelogue "Animals in Serengeti"
- Wrote a Review Luxus and a view in the Serengeti in Serengeti National Park Hotels
- Commented on one of laughingsun69's Serengeti National Park travel pages
Photos in Serengeti National ParkSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos
Latest Serengeti National Park hotel reviews
- Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
- 297 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013