"Ranong: hot springs and visa runs" Ranong by Myndo
Ranong Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 118 photos
We visited Ranong on our way down from Bangkok to Phuket.
Although this is a fairly big village and a sea port, it seems not to be a popular tourist spot. At least not for western travellers.
The city offers several accomodations, some of them (mostly the more expensive ones) have spa rooms or use the warm water from the hot springs in their pools.
But also as a budget traveller you can get a feeling of the hot springs.
There are free ones (and very well maintained, too) at a Wat - see my pages for info on this.
The other thing people do come to Ranong is its closeness to the Burma border. A fact that is used by many tourist agencies and hotel here to offer so called "Visa Runs". This means, if your tourist visa for Thailand is on the way to expire, you (or at least your passport) have to leave the country for just one day, get a new visa (in Burma) and come back.
Ranong is famous for two things: It is close to the border of Burma, where a lot of tourists or immigrants go when their... more travel advice
Myndo's Related Pages
Ranong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ranong" Wetest Place of Thailand"
- "Ranong: hot springs and visa runs"
- "Thailand on the Andaman"
- "where rainbow is"
- "largest beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ranong
- Hotels in Ranong
- Transportation in Ranong
- Nightlife in Ranong
- Restaurants in Ranong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ranong
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ranong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ranong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 48 reviews, 73 photos, 3 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 55 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kenya Intro, 50 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 46 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island Intro, 31 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Egypt Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namibia Intro, 37 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 31 reviews, 35 photos