"Every journey begins with one first step" Myndo's Profile

Hello all!

I have been on this site since 2004 - and although I really enjoyed it here, I am not so much around anymore. That has different reasons - foremost: our boy, then my job and then I have a blog of my own, where I invest a lot of time.

I am still me, but I had to adjust the homepage here a little - so, I am sorry, if it does not come over as personal as before.

About My Travels ....

Well, I suppose I inherited my love for travelling from my parents. They took us (me and my brother)around half of Europe in my childhood. First Camping, then with a Caravan.
France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Yugoslawia (when it still was one), Greece.
Later on we took bigger steps, went to Amerika (USA) 3 times.

Since then I am doing my own travelling, and I love it. My motto is: never say "No" to the opportunity to go somewhere else.
Africa is my newest "discovery".
.. I made some links to some pages (mostly those I liked best).

Africa

Africa

South Africa - 2000 from Jo'Burg to Capetown
Kenya - 2002
Tanzania - 2002 Best of Tanzania
Namibia - 2003 Selfdrive around Namibia

wonderful landscapes, wild animals, sometimes very bad roads, but always beautiful.
Kenya again 2005 (honeymoons). more Safari and all over the countryKenya Safari

2009 South Africa: Cape Town - Port Elisabeth with RV Campervan
2010 Namibia/Botswana Roundtripp with Car with Tent on the Roof
2011 South Africa: from Jo'burg Roundtrip over Kruger, Mpumalunga, Swaziland, Durban, Drakensberge - with RV Campervan

By the way: I made the foto of this lioness on the safari in Tanzania. The Impala who was so unfortunate to fall prey to this preadators lived only 10 minutes before. The lion came right to our jeep to eat his part of it. Do you know how Impala-head sounds? ugh!

Asia

Asia

The culture of Asia always interested me.
As for now, I have Singapur and Thailand in my "pages". I had only 2 days in Singapur (flight back from Australia) and Phuket was the wish of my boyfriend, who likes to lie on the beach. I am more into seeing something from the country I am in, so I got him to make some excursions and trips with me. ...
yes, I know it?s not easy with me. ;-)

Singapur - 1999
Thailand, Phuket - 2002 Phuket
Thailand, Phuket - 2004

Thailand, Northern Part and Phuket again - 2005
Thailand, From Bangkok to Phuket with a rented car - 2006 Central Thailand
and here: Southern Thailand

2008 Kho kho Khao (bei Khao Lak)
2010 Khao Lak
2011 Khao Lak
2012 Khao Lak

Australia

Australia

Australia was a dream I had since long. When a friend asked after we both had finished our studies whether I wanted to come along for some weeks, I spontaneously said "yes". I do not regret it. (and I really needed it, because my studies did not permit any bigger holidays during these 5 years).
From Adelaide to Cairns by Car - 1999, especially liked Fraser Island

The second one was longer prepared. A schoolfriend of me asked whether I would join her for a part of her travelling around in Australia. Since I already did the east cost, we made the west coast together.
From Perth to Broome by car, and the Center - 2001

What I want to do one day is the North. Maybe from Broome to Darwin or even over to Cairns. Must be very nice, too. I just have to take care that I don?t go in the rainy season.

Northern America

Northern America

Amerika was always the "big" country over the ocean, where all these "so important things" for us kids came from: Coca Cola, Hamburgers, all these TV-Series etc. So I was very excited when we visited it the first time. I was not disappointed. The Nationalparks of California, Nevada, Utah were just amazing. We had to come back - and we did, 2 years later. This time travelling down the East Coast. And since there was still a lot to see: 2 years later the trip from West to East. That is when I first saw the Indian Summer in New England - and fell in love with it.
What follows is 2 times only New England (and Canada to extend it).
Once with my boyfriend then, once with a schoolfriend.

USA - San Francisco to Los Angeles through the Ntl Parks - 1989
USA: N.Y: 2000

Europe

Europe

Between the bigger ones I also made some smaller "excursions":

Canal boating in northern France (1987)
Switzerland by Tandem (1990)
London, (1992)
Paris (1993)
School trip to Greece (1992)
Uni-Trip to Belgia (1995)
Scottland by Tandem (1999) Scotland Pages
Malta (2000)
Berlin (2002)
Maldives (2006) the Maldives
Tinos (2007) Tinos Island
Tinos (2010)
Canal boating in France, Disneyland Paris, Paris (2012)

Everything you never wanted to know about me :-)

So, having all the data about my "getting around", what could you else want to know?

I am Swiss, that makes me punctual, polite, neutral (well, most of the time...)

I am a Sagittarius, that makes me direct, communicative, a traveller (but you got that already, right?).

I am a Woman, and I like it to be able to do all (and more .-) that men can do.

• Intro Updated Mar 24, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Myndo's Profile Photo

Myndo

“Wherever you go, there you are.”

Real Name