"Crete" Top 5 Page for this destination Crete Island by AcornMan

Crete Island Travel Guide: 1,433 reviews and 3,755 photos

With miles of beaches, cities that never go to sleep, deep gorges, rugged mountains, quaint villages, and all kinds of archeological sites, Crete is an island with something for everyone, no matter what kind of holiday you're looking for. If you have the time to explore what Crete has to offer, you're sure to find what you like there.

• Pros:Huge island with a wide variety of things to do and see.
  • Cons:Very crowded in some parts.
  • In a nutshell:Crete has something for everyone and gets better the deeper you explore.
  • Last visit to Crete Island: Jun 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 14, 2005

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Good to have early warning about Georgioupolis - some people like the crowds but we try to avoid them. Our second week is to be based nearer the north coast. Mike

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Great info here. Nice to have my memory jogged on a winter's day of what Crete has to offer.

• nikaloo35's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Hello David Beautiful pic and very interesting tips. I love your page. So usefull for us as we will visit in June. Greetings from Palm Beach.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2006 at 3:42 AM

Hello David. I really enjoyed your writing style, the superb photographs and all tips on Crete. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• Mailo's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 4:30 PM

Feliz Navidad david, and.. I.m enjoing your tips... learning a lot. Mailo

• Nov 5, 2005 at 7:36 AM

We used Greenways as you suggested and found them excellent with the car in good condition and the car waiting for us at the airport despite us being late on arriving.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 12:39 PM

Wonderful pages about Crete and very usefull for us as we are planning a week holiday there next month. bye Mary

• zabol's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Veryyyyyyyy informative page,very good tips for the drivers,well done David.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2005 at 1:53 AM

elefonissi is also my fav beach in crete

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 8:51 PM

These are amazing pages, David. So thorough, interesting, helpful, personal, descriptive, honest, and insightful. I certainly enjoyed reading about your great trip; your photographs are remarkably clear, vivid, and beautiful. Thanks ever so much.

AcornMan

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”

Badges & Stats in Crete Island

Have you been to Crete Island?

Latest Activity in Crete Island