"Paris" Paris by AcornMan

Paris Travel Guide: 22,660 reviews and 55,769 photos

I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant about visiting Paris. Over the years I have heard so many stories from so many people about bad experiences there that I can't say I had the most optimistic attitude when I arrived. However, that quickly changed, and my experience in Paris was wonderful.

Paris is without a doubt the most beautiful city I have ever visited. The entire place is like one enormous outdoor museum because of all the unique architecture and monuments. In fact, I didn't visit nearly as many museums as I had planned because I found it so fascinating to simply walk around and take in the sights.

• Pros:Gorgeous city with fabulous architecture and museums
  • Cons:Crowded, expensive, heavy traffic
  • In a nutshell:It would be a shame to live your live without ever visiting Paris
  • Last visit to Paris: Jun 2000
  • Intro Written Mar 29, 2004

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2004 at 6:15 AM

Get a cheaper place, next time, it will certainly be larger !!! ;o)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2004 at 6:05 AM

Aah Paris, that seductive enchantress has captured my heart. Yours too? Your in a nutshell is spot on. Liked your warning tip too. lol! Gr8 walking city for sure.

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2004 at 12:20 PM

Hi David, I see you love Paris as much as I do! Next time get a deluxe double at Le Regent; std. doubles are infamously tiny! Great location however!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2004 at 7:45 AM

I love this city and never tire reading about it. It is my favorite city that I have visited.

• Apr 24, 2004 at 8:22 PM

And I thought my hotel room in Paris was small.....jeez! Great page! Jen

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 6:45 PM

Another spectacular introductory photo! Rodin Museum, Notre Dame De Paris, and the Louvre tips are excellent. I enjoyed and smiled about your hotel tip. Intelligent, creative, interesting, helpful tips.great job.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 4:17 PM

Great info & beautiful pics! I think I'm due for another visit to this beautiful city.

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 11:44 PM

Great Paris page! Very nice "Thinker" photo!

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 4:11 PM

Good detailed page!

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2004 at 11:50 AM

great page so far! I didn't go inside the Louvre either, there were other museums I wanted to see first. I missed the Rodin one as it was raining a lot :( Hopefully next time as its on my must do list!

AcornMan

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”

Badges & Stats in Paris