"Mile High City" Denver by rexvaughan
Denver Travel Guide: 1,034 reviews and 1,795 photos
Flying into Denver I was somewhat surprised to see that it is really a pretty flat city. The high plains of eastern Colorado meet the Rocky Mountains just west and north of Denver. In fact, another nickname for the city is "The Queen City of the Plains." Denver got its start as part of the gold rush in 1848. Its big growth took place after the railroads arrived in the 1870s. It grew from a population of 4,759 to over 106,000 by 1890. Currently I would guess its main fame is the Rocky Mountaina and Coors Beer. This photo was taken in Rocky Mountain National Park which is actually several miles north of Denver.
We seem to have time at the Denver Airport frequently and usually are in need of a meal or a snack. Choices are somewhat... more travel advice
This is a pretty good chain of pizza restaurants from what we discovered in Idaho Springs. You pretty much choose... more travel advice
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Denver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Queen City of the Plains"
- "Denver: The Mile High City"
- "A Path to the West Over one Big Mountain Range"
- "Denver, Colorado --- The Mile High City"
- "Urbane Mecca of the Rocky Mountains"
- "Denver, Colorado"
- "Denver the beautiful (or at least friendly)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denver
- Hotels in Denver
- Transportation in Denver
- Nightlife in Denver
- Restaurants in Denver
- Shopping in Denver
- Warnings and Dangers in Denver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Denver
- 12 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Denver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denver
- Posted in Travel Interlaken Forum "Re: Trip to Jungfrau"
- updated a Denver Travel Page "Mile High City"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Catch a bite at Denver International Airport"
- Wrote a Review Catch a bite at Denver International Airport in Denver Restaurants
- Commented on one of Seabiscuit's Denver travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 92 reviews, 236 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 25 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue