""Lovliest Village on the Plain"" Top 5 Page for this destination Auburn by rexvaughan
Auburn Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos
Auburn's motto is "Lovliest Village on the Plain" - maybe a slight exaggeration, but it is a nice town. Actually it is two towns as you will not know when you leave Auburn and enter Opelika. I don't mean to demean these two fine cities but they are not really scenic. The photo is from the Grand National Course on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
The main claim to fame here is that it is home to Auburn University, a fine public institution. It is about 90 miles from Atlanta.
This hotel is associated with the golf course but is probably the nicest accommodation in the area. It is a new and... more travel advice
This whole establishment is new (within the last year) and is a very attractive facility. The restaurant is no exception... more travel advice
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Auburn Page"
- "auburn alabama"
- ""Lovliest Village on the Plain""
- "I'm Just Passin' Through"
- "Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football"
- "Auburn, Tiger town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auburn
- Hotels in Auburn
- Nightlife in Auburn
- Restaurants in Auburn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos