Murten Off The Beaten Path Tips by rexvaughan Top 5 Page for this destination
Murten Off The Beaten Path: 5 reviews and 17 photos
We wanted to see Gruyere where the famous cheese was made and the chocolate factory at Broc without renting a car. We took a train from Murten to Fribourg, a bus to Bull, a train to Broc where we found the factory closed because it was Sunday. We also learned that it, like many European candy makers, had been bought by Nestle. So we had coffee and took the train back to Bull and another train to Gruyere. Watching the cheese making process was very interesting. Then we walked up to the village which was a castle/fortress, now a street of shops & restaurants. Had a great lunch with an incomparable dessert: fresh raspberries and cream so thick it couldn't be poured. Then back on buses & trains to Murten. All these hops were very short.
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Murten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Midevil Walled Swiss City..."
- "Magnificent Murten"
- "Murten - Medieval Marvel"
- "Historic Murten"
- "Lac Murten"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hamilton Island
- Isola d' Elba
- Santorini Island Hotels
- Hørsholm Hotels
- Aurangabad Hotels
- Cusco Hotels
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Stock Island
- Valencia Off The Beaten Path
- Dublin Off The Beaten Path
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Savannah Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
Badges & Stats in Murten
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Murten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murten
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos