"An ancient suburb" Queluz by rexvaughan
Queluz Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 164 photos
We chose to stay in Queluz because of the pousada but there is a wonderful royal palace which is probably the best example of Rococo architecture in Portugal. Queluz is only about 13 km from the heart of Lisbon and is easily accesible by train on the Sintra-Lisbon route. The palace ison the edge of town and has hosted many foreign dignitaries including the 2000 US-EU conference.
The town is a bustling little place with many of the characteristics of a suburban community but by some reports has been a settlement for about 30 centuries as they believe there was a migration from France during the Old Stone Age. The palace is a 17th century manor house built for King Pedro II and later enlarged to become a graceful palace.
Walking down a normal street toward the train station we encountered this blue tree. What does it signify? Who painted... more travel advice
This little place is obviously new, has a crisp modern look and is a wi-fi spot if you want a place to use your laptop.... more travel advice
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Queluz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An ancient suburb"
- "So much to see in one small place..did I say SMALL"
- "Tiles in the corridor of the Sleeves"
- "A Portuguese Versailles"
- "Versailles in the Pink"
- "Queluz Palace (Queluz/Sintra)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queluz
- Hotels in Queluz
- Transportation in Queluz
- Restaurants in Queluz
- Warnings and Dangers in Queluz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queluz
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Queluz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queluz
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos