"Another great cathedral city" Beauvais by rexvaughan
Beauvais Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 147 photos
The main square of Beauvais is a pleasant tree lined plaza where the local markets are held each Wednesday and Saturday. One’s attention is drawn to the lovely statue of a young woman warrior. She is Jeanne Hachette, a 15th Century heroine who prevented the capture of Beauvais by Charles the Bold. I wonder how bold he was when, with superior troops, he was routed as a result of a young woman’s inspiring and rallying the local troops. She was honored by Louis XI who also married her to her chosen lover.
In the preservation center, we found some old picture postcards of the city from the past. I have included a couple of them here.
As we made our way from the cathedral to the train station, we stopped in here for lunch. We had a couple of okay croque... more travel advice
I am not sure what drew us into this old house other than its appealing ancient look, but we discovered it is the oldest... more travel advice
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Beauvais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You Should Stop at Beauvais"
- "Not only a low cost airport..."
- "Two world famous objects in one city."
- "Another great cathedral city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beauvais
- Hotels in Beauvais
- Transportation in Beauvais
- Nightlife in Beauvais
- Restaurants in Beauvais
- Shopping in Beauvais
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beauvais
- 4 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Beauvais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beauvais
Photos in BeauvaisSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos