"Monet's Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Giverny by rexvaughan

Giverny Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 530 photos

A Garden For All Seasons

If you wonder whether I am fond of Monet's garden - we have visited there four times now; once in April, once in July and twice in October. One of the wonders of this lovely place is that it is different in each season but always beautiful. Even the two visits in October were different; we thought this time (2004) it was more colorful than when we were there the same time of year in 2002.

The garden is in two parts: one in front of the house and the second across the road. The second includes the lily pond and Japanese bridge.

Monet's house

The house is worth a visit inside. It includes Monet's studio with some reproductions of his work, his extensive collection of Japanese art, the wonderful dining room and exquisite kitchen. No photos are allowed inside the house, but you can get some great views and pics from his bedroom window on the second floor.

• Pros:Easily accessible from Paris and easily done in half day
  • Cons:Lot's of tourists
  • In a nutshell:The beautiful and serene home of the father of Impressionism
  • Last visit to Giverny: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2004

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

nice to see your pics and nice to se you've been 4 times! ive been 3 times and loved each visit at different times of the year.

• Jeannette1's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Very nice and informative page. I've enjoyed your photos in your travelogs. Thanks for responding to my post on Giverny.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Your page brought back wonderful memories of our time at Giverny and Monet gardens. Nice to see your photos as you were there at a different time of the year.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Love it Rexy!! :o) Can't wait to go! ... Thanks for the transport tips mate... I've saved them in my Trip Planner thingy...even the walking one... We might just do that :o) Hugs xx

• Jun 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for writing about walking. We are in our 50's and the walk sounds like a perfect way to enjoy an afternoon outside of Paris.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Giverny is a wonderful place. I loved Monet's gardens every time I've visited.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM

Another great page Rex!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Nice stuff, thanks for sharing

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 11:38 AM

Lovely, indeed. I got a "kick" out your tall tale to the people from Denmark! Also, I liked the idea of your wife having her hair done while you visited the church. Your pages are a joy to visit. From all the 5's, I see that others agree.

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Giverny is one of my favourite little corners of France... I've not been there though since I was 20! Thanks for the revisit :-)

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Badges & Stats in Giverny

Have you been to Giverny?