"Monet's Garden" Top 5 Page for this destination Giverny by rexvaughan
Giverny Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 530 photos
If you wonder whether I am fond of Monet's garden - we have visited there four times now; once in April, once in July and twice in October. One of the wonders of this lovely place is that it is different in each season but always beautiful. Even the two visits in October were different; we thought this time (2004) it was more colorful than when we were there the same time of year in 2002.
The garden is in two parts: one in front of the house and the second across the road. The second includes the lily pond and Japanese bridge.
The house is worth a visit inside. It includes Monet's studio with some reproductions of his work, his extensive collection of Japanese art, the wonderful dining room and exquisite kitchen. No photos are allowed inside the house, but you can get some great views and pics from his bedroom window on the second floor.
- Pros:Easily accessible from Paris and easily done in half day
- Cons:Lot's of tourists
- In a nutshell:The beautiful and serene home of the father of Impressionism
The day we spent waiting for the train, after we had located the nice creperie, my wife decided she would visit a hair... more travel advice
This is a charming and convenient brasserie just across from the train station. We did not actually eat here, but had a... more travel advice
Written May 31, 2004
Monet's Garden at Giverny
Written Nov 18, 2004
A Good and Pleasant Hike
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Giverny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An impression of Monet"
- "Monet's Garden"
- "Monet's Garden"
- "FLOWERS & MORE FLOWERS - THIS IS GIVERNY"
- "Monet Makes the World Go Round"
- "On and Off the Road in Monet's Garden in Giverny"
- "Giverny is more than Monet's Garden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Giverny
- Hotels in Giverny
- Transportation in Giverny
- Restaurants in Giverny
- Shopping in Giverny
- Warnings and Dangers in Giverny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Giverny
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Giverny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Giverny
- Posted in Travel Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Forum "Re: Visiting the lavender fields"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Giverny travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Good and Pleasant Hike"
- created a Giverny Travelogue "A Good and Pleasant Hike"
- Wrote a Review Vernon Notre Dame in Giverny Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos