"Historic and beautiful" Laon by rexvaughan
Laon Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 77 photos
Laon rises above the rolling Picardie plains about forty miles northwest of Reims and is a nice day trip from either there or Paris. We drove from Reims but you can get there by train in about 2 hours from Paris and less than an hour from Reims. We went just to visit the cathedral which is its primary attraction and sits majestically atop the summit of the town some hundred meters above the plain. Its importance in history is related to the fact that the archbishop of Reims who baptized Clovis was born here and instituted its bishopric.
Who would eat in a restaurant called “Arsenic and Old Lace?” Well, we did and not only survived very nicely, but had a... more travel advice
rexvaughan's Related Pages
Laon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Highest Point in the Area"
- "Medieval Walled City - Great Architecture"
- "Historic and beautiful"
- "Laon (you say it "len" not Lens or la-ont""
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laon
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Laon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laon
Photos in LaonSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 86 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 57 reviews, 186 photos, 5 travelogues
- Decatur Intro, 40 reviews, 123 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 32 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Atlanta Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oklahoma City Intro, 28 reviews, 56 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace Intro, 21 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trieste Intro, 17 reviews, 53 photos