"This one's a GEM, keep it a secret!" Guernsey by martyfrize
Guernsey Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 96 photos
The second largest of the Channel Islands, Guernsey is a great location from which to explore nearby islands of the "bailiwick" area.
Excellent beaches, apparently one for every day of the year, spectacular cliffs, coves and countryside which merges Brittany with England.
Ideal for cyclists, Guernsey is small enough (25 sq miles) to get around by push bike. If you don't feel that energetic, the local bus covers the island, with a maximum fare of 50p, or 0.7 Euros per journey.
Hire a car if you feel lost without your own wheels, but the maximum speed on the island is 35mph, having winding narrow roads, and you'll miss the esence of the island, its pace.
Fly to the small airport, now getting bigger unfortunately, and be in the beautiful St Peter Port in minutes, 6km away.
Try www.guernseytouristboard.com for more info.
- Pros:Beaches, pace of life, safety, family holiday
- Cons:The secret is out & its getting developed, be quick before its spoilt!
- In a nutshell:I want to live there!
The island has no Value Added Tax, and low excise duty, soit's a great place to shop. Gold, Diamonds !!! more travel advice
martyfrize's Related Pages
Guernsey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glourious Guernsey"
- "This one's a GEM, keep it a secret!"
- "Guernsey - Our home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guernsey
- Hotels in Guernsey
- Transportation in Guernsey
- Restaurants in Guernsey
- Shopping in Guernsey
- Warnings and Dangers in Guernsey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guernsey
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Guernsey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guernsey
Top 5 Pages
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Andorra Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Guernsey Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Andalucía Intro, 2 photos